Weird idle after cam swap

Roley94

• Member For: 11y 20d

Yesterday I put in a set of atomic stage 3 camshafts into my bf turbo. I wanted to do some data logging with them as I had just installed a wideband O2 sensor. These cams ran quite well untuned even on boost but ideally needed tuning, so I put the stock cams back in.

I have had the atomic cams in before and have had no problems after putting the stock cams back in, but this time the car ran very rough but eventually settled down. I reflashed the ecu with my custom tune and that helped but I'm still having a problem with high idle. The car will rev up to 2000rpm as soon as I start it and after about 5 seconds it will drop down to 1000rpm. If I just tap the throttle very quickly and softly the revs will jump up the 2500rpm and stay there. The car drives fine but it try's to drive by itself and will take off without me accelerating. When I turn the car off the engine doesn't stop smoothly, it's shakes around just before it stops. 

The problem doesn't seem to be with the cams anymore, I've rechecked the timing and it's spot on. I have also cleaned the throttle body, checked for vacuum leaks and sprayed hoses with carb cleaner to see if there's a leak anywhere but there isn't. I have even replaced the TPS but I'm still having the same problem and I have no idea why.

Sorry for the long winded post.

Thanks