walbro 255 fuel pump direct replacement

Box stock T.

Okay cool, so anything over 300-320+ its a must to go to a 400 or 460 pump. Im looking at 280 -290 so the 255 should good for those power outputs. Does this sound right. The reason I want stop there is the value of the car versus the cost of the mods if keep going with them. 

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 16d

So I fit the genuine Walbro GS341 kit ( 255ltr/hr ) to all entry level work being done on a car ,for a few reasons 

1 is the cost but suitability for factory reg 

2 is a brilliant lift pump when swopping over to E85 or even just for a surge tank 

3 used them over many many years and not a single issue ever 

4 in the name of R&D pushed one to 401rwkw @ 16.5psi on 98 lambda .8 to see where it ran out 

5 has return rail flow easily at 350rwkw 

6 super quiet

7 no wiring upgrades required 

8 compact size for all stock fuel pots and easy installation 

walbro 400 and 460's are really suited to a hi flow reg or aftermarket reg and do work brilliantly but definitely more suitable for E85 or big 98 psi power 

Perfect Jet this is exactly what I was looking for, the right supporting mod for the power levels I'm looking at. Easy drop in and no wiring changes and no need to change the factory regulator. I will swap it just before the id 1000's get done. 

Cheers to all lads that helped with info.

Also to bamk2f6tornado 400rwkw on e85 nice work definitely would be a wild ride in a ute. Have fun lads.

Box stock T.

• Like 1

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 11m 12d

Mmm id have to disagree with you guys there but everyone likes going down different routes. Im a fan of the bigger intake and not using the surge. and the factory reg still works fine for me at idle with my twin intanks.

But get on e85 either way

E85 would nice but im not sure how servo's in adelaide have it on pump. I would be thinking it would be like hunting Avgas 10-15 yrs ago. Although the power gains seem pretty reasonable dont know if its worth it. I reckon the 255 pump is the go for what intend to do. As ya said everyone has there different ways of skinning a cat. Cheers for ya input though MattyP.

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 16d

Hahaha common mate there's heaps of cars I've tuned on E85 in Adelaide and if you're using willall martin will push you onto it also xD 

• I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 9d
4 hours ago, JETURBO said:

So I fit the genuine Walbro GS341 kit ( 255ltr/hr ) to all entry level work being done on a car ,for a few reasons 

Still got one Jet ;);) 

• Like 1