Auto Transmission gone into limp mode

pharkit

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 19d

I drove home tonight and parked car in driveway. I had it park and when I went to put it in reverse it went into limp mode and now is stuck on 'neutral'. The shifter slides up and down with no resistance and obviously car wont move. Im looking online that it could be the shifter cable? Does anyone have any ideas on this?

bf xr6t

• Talks Cheap, Let's Race
  • Member For: 17y 5m 9d

sounds like the old cable has broken off the linkage in the box problem, either new cable time or you can modify the old link to fix the problem forever

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 6d

Hmmm...that's the ZF box, the computer has disabled the box to protect itself.

I'm stating the obvious, but you should start by getting the codes for the box read...

If you download the Forscan program and couple that to an elm device you should be able to see the errors...and possibly reset them depending on the issue

Otherswise a decent tranny place should be able to read the codes and repair accordingly...

• Member For: 8y 1m 20d

Hi, 

I have an FG 2008 xr6 turbo. ZF six speed locks into third gear either in normal or performance mode. Nobody seems to know what it is. I turn the engine off and restart and fault clears for several days sometimes. Took it to Ford in Bayswater Victoria who charged me $168.00 and advised me that they could not fault it. 'Customer to monitor'.....Great.

Can anyone out there please tell me what the problem might be please?. Nobody, even Ford cannot tell me.. Oh, the small screen pops up with a graphic of a gear and says 'tansmission fault' with a small triangle containing the number one.

Thank You

Mike Evans.