Tuned G6ET drama at low revs

NVT

• Formerly EGOBFXR6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 20d

Hey Guys,

I've got a 2008 G6ET tuned to 300rwkw (Injectors, plugs etc)

I'm having a few drama's with the car at the moment and I need help figuring out if its to do with fuel delivery, the tune or the age old plug/coil replacement issues.

The car started dropping revs when pulling up to a set or lights or when turning on (She also feels like she surges a little while creeping along approaching stationary traffic at low speeds).  I've had this happen with my old BA XR6T as well.  In the same way I fixed that, I checked all the clamps and hoses in the engine bay, put through an fuel system cleaner, fresh tank of 98 and cleaned out the throttle body.  (Fuel filter was changed approx 15k kms ago)

The car doesnt seem to drop the revs anymore, which is great, but under WOT and when the car first starts up, I'm having issues.  when I first turn on the car, as the revs drop back down to idle, it almost bottoms out which is kind of unnerving.  Under WOT shes definitely not as strong as she has been - Little rougher than usual and doesnt seem to pull cleanly.  (Still pulls like a freight train but feels lethargic)  Initial throttle response off the line is also a litle jumpy/suring at times - Not much but you can feel the car try to, 'catch up' with itself again.

Any idea's how I can diagnose this?

Thanks guys!

Cheers,

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m

Kinda but not really sounds like valve springs?  The bad when starting bit doesn't match up AFAIK though.

How many Kms stock and now total?

• Formerly EGOBFXR6
  • Donating Members

Hey Steve,

She's done 79k at the moment.  Always over serviced and looked incredibly well. 

Tune sheets show a tube at approx 50kms by XFT so I can't see that being the issue. 

I'm leaning towards plugs/coils but I've always been concerned with 300rwkw on a stock pump. (Even though I read the fgs are good for 320rwkw odd)

Might have to have it checked next time is in for repairs.  Is there any data thati can log with the xcal3 that would be odd any benefit? 

Cheers steve!

• Donating Members

That might make more sense yeah.  My sock was black when I had them check the car once a long time after it was tuned.  It was leaning out up top because of it but I don't recall any change in startup manners.  They replaced the aftermarket pump and sock.  In my case it's a GSS294.

• Formerly EGOBFXR6
  • Donating Members

Thanks mate! 

I'll have it looked at next time its in for servicing. 

(Sorry about all the spelling mistakes.  Damn autocorrect)

Cheers

• Donating Members

Who knows if we're on the right track Dan...see what the shop says hahaha

• 3 months later...