My bf xr6 turbo ute build

unmarkedf6

• Member For: 11y 1m 5d

Hey HI PSI, what size rear housing are you using? I'm very interested in how yours will go, are the stage 3 cams duo phase cams?

• Member For: 17y 10m 4d
8 minutes ago, unmarkedf6 said:

Hey HI PSI, what size rear housing are you using? I'm very interested in how yours will go, are the stage 3 cams duo phase cams?

I am currently running a 1.01 housing. I have a new 1.28 here that we may trial at a latter date.

The stage III cams are a baby cam and are not duo phased. I believe that the duo phased start with their stage IV cams.

• Member For: 17y 10m 4d
3 hours ago, barnz said:

awesome to hear somebody that's going big putting the time into the VCT and not locking them. Can actually broaden the power band if taken advantage of

Thanks barnz. By using the Haltech, I have better control of the cams than most and we also think that there are gains to be had by playing with them.. We're looking to throw a lot of cam advance and timing into the engine from idle until it hits boost, then we'll phase it out. this should really help with the bottom end and get to to spool quicker. After which, we'll start to retard them for top end gains.  

We had a play with the cam timing the other day and we easily give the car a nice lope at idle, and set it to phase out at 1200rpm so that it still purrs when doing 60 km/h in 6th gear.. It was really cool watching this being done, but I am really looking forward to setting up the  antilag.

Edited by HI PSI
Must learn how to type...
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ooooh talk like that makes me want a haltech now!! My tuner doesn't want me to use cams in mine with the standard computer so I guess I'll stick with a standard top end at the moment.

Got out the bottom end back and assembled it, I managed to squeeze the windage tray on there too with the main stud nuts getting a full grip so pretty happy with that,

next step is an atomic oil pump I think, need a new sump as my old one had a crooked helicoil put in it and never stopped leaking! 

got my heart set on a gtx42 size turbo now, I'd like to squeeze 600rwkw out of this on e85 but if I don't, no biggie. But  a "fun size" turbo :) only got some quick pics today

also bought a snort plenum too during the week, mounts on the standard runners. I'll polish it over the weekend too. originally wanted a cpc one piece plenum but he doesn't make xr6 ones at the moment.

happy Easter guys!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Bought a 6boost manifold and gtx4202r today! Stuffs starting to get serious! ??

Head will be done this week!

any recommendations on headgaskets? Think a steel mls type, but if there's anyone that knows of better ones please chime in!

Pics to come soon! 

• Like 3

Ended up going a cometic head gasket, also got the head back this week, turbo, manifold.

Just a dummy up, still waiting on atomic oversize head washers (on back order) then oil pump and sump.

Then the engines done! 

image.jpeg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...