ROOF LINING FALLING BF XR6T

boost69

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 29d
4 hours ago, arronm said:

Last one this Monday cost me $250.  He is myaree trimmers.  Used to do all the work for Titan Ford.  Can do them in his sleep.  Hey I trusted him with my F6

It's peeled off and never gets driven?  So it's just age that ultimately does it.  Mine's good so far (May build 2007), fingers crossed.

Also putting up sun visors that push against the front edge rubs through  I put mine between the folded down visors and the roof lining, avoiding the front edge.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 29d

My intank was really buzzy yesterday too.  Should probably get a new one, this is the second since I had the mods done in 2010.  How many kms would you expect a Walbro in tank to last?  GSS294 in my case

I read about the windscreen shade rubbing through the headlining on here somewhere I'm sure of it.

• Filthy weeb
  • Member For: 11y 2m 7d

Mine's only just starting to give way (approx. 2-3 weeks ago) on the drivers side near the sun visor (BF late '06 model - not bad). Some have said "replaced" - does that mean the whole lining is taken off? Seems so, and if that's the case, what's stopping one from getting a black trim put in as replacement? Extra cost to get a less common trim in?

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 11m 29d
17 hours ago, Franga said:

Has anyone got a good VIC guy for this same job?

http://www.yellowpages.com.au/vic/clayton/terrys-motor-trimming-aust-pty-ltd-13534542-listing.html

Haven't used him for the Falcon but he fixed a few early 90s VN/VR Commodores I've had.

• Like 1

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 8m 17d

I used Selley's Aquadhere Exterior probably about a year ago now and it's still holding up.  The glue fused with the backing foam to form a good bond and stop the foam from brittling away further.  It's a bit unsightly if you look directly underneath at it as you'll see finger prints from where I pressed it closed - but you don't notice it from the drivers seat.  Mine (XR6T BA 04) started peeling along the top of the front and rear windscreens.  It's a less expensive alternative but nowhere near like new which is probably what you'd get if you paid the professionals to sort it out.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 4d

I had bought some glue that comes in a spray can, as I thought this might allow a more uniform, less clumpy adhesion, but haven't tried it yet as I'm not sure how to spray it in the cavities without it going everywhere...

Yeah we had a VN V8 back in the day, same thing...but by the time the roof lining started disintegrating it was quite an old car, so thumb tacks was the go...lol

I'm in Sydney...so not sure who does this type of stuff in Sydney...

• 3 months later...