Proauto Perth

FGX 40T

• Will do skids for food
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 24d

Yeah I did the Pro Auto/KPM thing so I could have a driveline warranty.

This was back in 2012 so things may have changed, but they basically ran the car on the dyno, emailed the info to KPM who emailed a tune back and they then ran it on the dyno again etc.

What I got back was a car that pinged at WOT so I had to take it back and they took some timing out (didnt re run it on the dyno though).

The car did go well and held 13psi to redline instead of the crap boost curve they come with. But compared to tunes others are doing, it was low on power.

And you're paying out the arse for it.

This was for a tune and high flow filter only.

The warranty also gets voided the moment you take it to a track.

I since have used XFT and Monsta Torque and, for reasons I wont detail here, Monsta Torque will get my money if ever I want to step up from where I am now (which is unlikely).

Pro Autos were super awesome to deal with but the situation of emailing tunes back and forth was a bit crap.

Because of the rediculous prices for the different KPM levels of tune, when you decide to go next level from just a tune (which is likely) then the prices you will pay to upgrade through the KPM route is just crazy.

My opinion is that it wasnt worth the money.

• Like 4

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 23d

Yeah I did the Pro Auto/KPM thing so I could have a driveline warranty.

This was back in 2012 so things may have changed, but they basically ran the car on the dyno, emailed the info to KPM who emailed a tune back and they then ran it on the dyno again etc.

What I got back was a car that pinged at WOT so I had to take it back and they took some timing out (didnt re run it on the dyno though).

The car did go well and held 13psi to redline instead of the crap boost curve they come with. But compared to tunes others are doing, it was low on power.

And you're paying out the arse for it.

This was for a tune and high flow filter only.

The warranty also gets voided the moment you take it to a track.

I since have used XFT and Monsta Torque and, for reasons I wont detail here, Monsta Torque will get my money if ever I want to step up from where I am now (which is unlikely).

Pro Autos were super awesome to deal with but the situation of emailing tunes back and forth was a bit crap.

Because of the rediculous prices for the different KPM levels of tune, when you decide to go next level from just a tune (which is likely) then the prices you will pay to upgrade through the KPM route is just crazy.

My opinion is that it wasnt worth the money.

That's great info - thanks for that. I'm tossing up between XFT and Monsta torque - both have strong following and great results. Once I decide to bite the bullet I will let you all know the outcome.

Thanks all for your time and input. Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member For: 17y 1d

One looks after you regardless, the other looks after you based on the size of your wallet.

Give em both a buzz and see how you go mate.

• Member For: 10y 2m 15d

One CANNOT/does not want to fix the FG stalling issue he caused (starts with X, ends in T), the others seem like nice guys from what I hear (Starts with M ends in E).

The one that starts with X has well over 20k of my money. I have stalling issues,drive shaft issues,problems with the ZF and the tune. I have given up on "X". Spoke to Rob at "M" in december. Got the car serviced and asked him what he thought about my issues. He said he can sort them out plus remove the big lag under 4000rpm. Much better to deal with.....except that I called a bunch of times asking him to tell me date in Jan when I can get the car in,plus emails.......he hasn't gotten back to me. Im tempted to sell the car and be done with the whole modifying thing.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 4d

Yeah not good stories for a while from the two commonly mentioned WA names on here, unfortunately. My tune from XFT has been great over the last 5+ years, copped much abuse and dished much chop, but I don't take it there for service. I do oil and filter myself and for more serious maintenance I use a trusted and skilled mechanic shop with good service I was lucky enough to find (Auto Plus Midland - Chris Notte).

I have the rapport and history with XFT so if there was a tune issue I'd go back to them but I'm well aware they need better customer service. Human nature means a bad experience is passed around via word of mouth about ten times as often as a good one!