Bluetooth/battery Issues - G6Et

NVT

• Formerly EGOBFXR6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 23d

Hey Guys,

I'm having a couple of weird drama's with my G6ET as of late.

Almost every morning I start the car and get an error message saying something along the lines of, 'Car Battery Low. Bluetooth Shutting Down" or an error saying, 'Bluetooth Disconnected. Please check phone." If I've been driving around during the day, I don't ever get Bluetooth error messages.

The odd thing is that the alternator is charging to 14.4V when I checked it running at idle and low throttle. Car battery was about 13.5 on a morning before the car had been started which seems ok to me... (I did try the headlights on, car off trick to watched the battery lose voltage and it drop drop fairly fast - Say 0.1ish of a V ever couple of seconds, if not a little faster.) The other odd thing is that it's never hard to start - It never struggles or has a low crank...

I'm just trying to discern whether it's the battery or the Bluetooth module or the alternator which I'm finding to be a little difficult. I really don't want to be stuck on the side of the road in summer...

Anyone else had this drama? Should I be taking heed of the battery warning or is my Bluetooth Module shagged?

(On a side topic, if I do need a new battery, Without buying an Odyssey or something crazy like that, what's the best battery to look at if I need one? What sort of CCA should I look for?)

Thanks guys!

Dan

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 4d

Optima Red Top for me muahaha

Slightly smaller size allowed me to change the headlight globe by just removing the battery clamp and moving it a bit instead of fully disconnecting and removing it the other night outside a BP servo.

Edited by -Stever-

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d

Try it with a different phone if you have the option

One of my phones keeps doing funny things with the bluetooth - the others don't

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 2d

I still gotta source a good battery. Told you want like a 620CCA.

I think I was leaning toward some 'gold' one that I cant remember (supercharge perhaps?). Only cause relatively cheap at around $180 IIRC

No idea on the actual issue though....

• I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 21d

I went a yellow top and it fixed 'most' of my electrical problems.

• Member For: 15y 4m 15d

Get someone to crank it over while you've got the multimeter on the battery. If it's showing good charge but drops below 9 volts at start up it's starting to die.

Seeing below 9 volt, even momentarily, can cause all types weird electrical problems on modern cars.

• Formerly EGOBFXR6
  • Donating Members

Thanks gents! I'll have a look into it a little more :spoton:

Maybe I'll just bite the bullet and get a new battery...

Cheers

• Formerly EGOBFXR6
  • Donating Members

Hey Guys,

Went in to Super Cheap the other day, as the battery is still within it's, 'warranty period' (Which means f*ck all btw)

The chap came out and tested the battery - Returned something like 420CCAs instead of the usual and had lower than standard voltage. Was told to take it home, check fluids, agitate and charge overnight with a smart charger. Long story short; I've topped up the fluid with demineralised water and have charged it as suggested.

Low Voltage warning hasn't popped up again but the car is getting harder to start and runs noticeably worse - I guess it's just on the way out...

(For those of you playing at home, battery warranties aren't worth the paper they're printed on. Cover only manufacturing faults and dropped cells only - nothing else. I think it's time for a new one :spoton:)

Thanks for the advice fella's.

Cheers,

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 6d

If they are difficult about warranty, is it worth looking at Australian Consumer Law? Regardless of what the warranty says, a product should be be reasonably durable and undertake the task that can be reasonably expected of it. Even mentioning you will talk to your local fair trading office can get results with a retailer.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 5d

Got to a different Supercheap store, give them a sob story that it left your pregnant missus stranded. They will replace it. Sign up for Clubplus while you are there and they will never query a warranty claim again.

• Like 2