Ba Front End Knock

psifed2

• Member For: 13y 1m 16d

Hey guys iv got a 2003 ba falcon and suddenly about a week ago I have got a knock starting to happen in what sounds like the front end of the car. Its on the drivers side or what feels like. Going over pot holes, drain lids it does it, turning into driveways, and when it does it I can feel it down near my feet..

My guess would be front sway bar D mount, iv had a look under and all the mounts look fine to me... not a mechanic but I know when something stuffed lol

Any feedback will be appreciated guys thanks.

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 9m 18d

I think there is a known issue with the rack to the K frame. Nuts come loose or something. Mine does the same, need to find time to muck around under it to check it out.

I think? Phil has a post about how he fixes it. Have a search around

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 11y 8m 27d

My BA does similar only when turning right there a faint click.... click that is felt through steering wheel  ....does that sound like rack loose? I have had the stabaliser bar mounting loose before and it was much louder clunk 

• Member For: 13y 1m 16d

All fixed guys it was just the stabalizer bar nut that was loose. Had a look under and could see the chrome bit on other side of the nut and could undo it with my fingers all tight now and knocking gone.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • Member For: 11y 5m 27d

Can u post a pic of the stabiliser bar nut cause mines doing the same , I jus had a complete lower control arm replacement ( bushes and ball joint) on my car and it's still making the clunking noise I'm kinda really over it atm so if anyone has any ideas on wat the clunking noise might be would be much appreciated