MattyP

Modding Your Fg Xr6/g6E Turbo Take 2

On 13/07/2017 at 1:01 PM, powelmac said:

Hi mate did you find the problem? I'm having the same problems on my F6 manual ute

Hey buddy did u get it fixed?

Hey guys I'm buying a fg xr6t ute very soon was just wondering what's some cheap mods I can do to achieve a little bit more power without upgrading the turbo and intercooler 

This would be a good upgrade but add xcal4 with tune and you will be looking at $3500 give or take, add another 700 to get valve springs installed worst case scenario

Yes they are stronger, but still not strong enough. Probably enough for std even if there old but turn the boost up & that extra pressure will reveal any weakness. Best to budget a spring change & maybe head studs while your there? 

Hi forum, new buyer of an Xr6 turbo FGX. What would be the first few modifications I should look at? I would love a nice sounding exhaust. Obviously a better air filter wouldn't go astray. Any ideas on which exhaust to get? With extractors and the catback? Should I look at the muffler delete for the time being?

I have just made some mods to my FG recently like this year and these were the cost for me

HDI intercooler + hard piping , HDI intake , HDI battery relocate  $1250

Custom exhaust 4" down pipe hi flow cat , 3 1/2" to the back   $1800

Xspurt 1000cc injectors                                                         $ 750

Walbro 255                                                                           $130 

Tune hub dyno                                                                      $ 850

Total                            $ 4780

341rwkw

Cheaper than 10 years ago that's for sure.

Good time to be getting onto it I reckon.

Asides from the cars being a bit tired, but you get that with the years on them.