Modding Your Fg Xr6/g6E Turbo Take 2

MattyP

• Member For: 11y 1m 2d

So I have finally decided on a Tuner- Monster Torque. I spoke to Rob from MT- seems a nice guy, happy to chat and discuss options. I am looking at 1000cc injectors, a Process West intercooler kit, a throttle body replacement elbow and a hi flow cat. He said it should produce somewhere around 300-315 rwkW. My only concern is the hi flow cat and extra noise. Can anyone that has had a hi flow cat installed tell me what the difference in sound is compared to the stock cat. The car is very quiet at the moment and I would like to keep it that way.

Just sounds a little bit raspier and better. I noticed behind masdas car at a cruise how much better it sounds with the hi flow cat. It's still not loud and doesn't drone at all or anything. Nothing but positives for the change in sound

• Like 1

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d
3 hours ago, Lennox said:

Yeah good point. Stinks a fair bit worse

Who cares??? it doesn't affect you, but only those behind you.

Like I smell anything? :P

• Member For: 13y 5d

Hi all, newbie here. I cant seem to find in this forum of anyone using the HDI intercooler kit that ebay is selling. Anyone using this kit and been reliable? I'm wanting to buy this kit for my FG MKII turbo auto and targeting 350 RWKW's with all the necessary mods. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 10m 24d

What fuel are you using?

What turbo are you using?

The core is supposedly decent but I've heard fitting can be a pain.

When modding its best to forget about a kw number and mod to suit how you want the car to behave.

Hdi (also known as hybrid) have been around since 1994. They have come along way since only making import gear and are extremely good quality (as long as you get genuine) and not the crappy knock offs. You will have no problem with that cooler well above 350wkw

I have used the 100mm hybrid on a few of my 32s. I had one that I recently sold to a mate and is on a 1000hp+ @ tyre barra in an xf

but I stress! make sure its genuine hybrid/HDi