Modding Your Fg Xr6/g6E Turbo Take 2

MattyP

• Sandtrap Motorsport
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 4d

that is very true as well karl, how do the PTE's go? given you can only run 1 restrictor on them, wouldnt the oil filter be another restriction on them?

• in the mid....not the bum like some
  • Member For: 10y 11m 6d

More even airflow also than the lower gutted BBM manifold that was designed for a NA E series with a aftermarket top section chucked on top ;)

Flow matched injectors and my plugs have never read so even compared to when I ran the gutted BBM setup.

• Member For: 11y 10m 2d

For people considering a cost effective 400hp Pack, F6 Cooler and F6 Injectors and a HP Tune will get you there.

But more important than power is reliability mods guys - The original flexplate is prone to coming loose on Automatic cars so it's a good idea to get this addressed when going for more power and oil pump gears too, and ofcourse as mentioned the intercooler piping.

Regarding intercooler comparisons, I went from Stock to F6 to PW Stage 1 and upto 400hp I can say best bang for the buck is a F6 cooler, heat soak is not as bad as people will make you believe unless you plan to constantly thrash the car again and again or track it. The PW cooler did have slightly better power.

Edited by Z2TT
  • Like 1

• Member For: 10y 4m 9d

^^^bit of food for thought there as 400hp or 300kw is where the fg turbo maxes out. So unless you 100% plan to change it your going to see very little ROI with the top shelf parts..

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 10m 25d

I still have the standard flex plate

But im quiet nice to my car and box

The thing with those f6 mods is that most swap em out straight away as they arent that much of an upgrade.