Modding Your Fg Xr6/g6E Turbo Take 2

MattyP

• Member For: 6y 10m 3d

I was expecting around 315kw the tuner said it was a perfect night for tuning, nice cold dense air hence the high readings, I dont have many pics but I might throw something on there

2 hours ago, LU82 said:

Probably better off running 275/40/17

Yeah im just borrowing the semi slicks off my brother. Thought it would be better than the standards, I will put the tyre pressure down a bit and just give it a go! Hopefully mid to high 11s

• Like 2

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 11m 21d

High 11s with slicks would be more possible bud, Sounds like a great setup! Add a pump and some e85 and you'll be in the 11s on streets easily

Trying to stay away from e85 for now, but maybe when I put in the walbro 460 I will run it just for the drags. I will try these m&h semi slicks out its not gonna cost me anything and it would have to be better than the perrellis, they are getting fried on the street as soon as I hit half throttle...

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m

Have you tried driving the car with that size tyre.? 

If you haven't , take a drive around the block first and see if the abs cuts in prematurely  . You might have to pull out the abs fuse .

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 11m 21d
4 hours ago, IRONMANTIS said:

Trying to stay away from e85 for now, but maybe when I put in the walbro 460 I will run it just for the drags. I will try these m&h semi slicks out its not gonna cost me anything and it would have to be better than the perrellis, they are getting fried on the street as soon as I hit half throttle...

When you go e85 you won't go back, plus it's much more consistent power, you'll be able to back those numbers up all year round. Especially when it's warmer and can get those 60ft times down

10 hours ago, LU82 said:

Have you tried driving the car with that size tyre.? 

If you haven't , take a drive around the block first and see if the abs cuts in prematurely  . You might have to pull out the abs fuse .

I haven't tried the tyres yet but if it starts causing problems like that I just wont use them, not keen on removing abs fuse.... wouldn't the car adjust to the changes if I drove around with them for a few days? Also a dsc fault has come up on my dash tried to read it/clear it with the xcal4 but it comes up NO DTC CODES FOUND. Brake lights still work and cruise control works battery is fine anyone have an idea what it could be? As I have no traction control now and have to nanna it around everywhere....:ermm: zf maybe? any help would be appreciated 

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah first check to see if your brake lights work if they dont its the brake switch, then check your battery if its running low voltage it will also trip them codes so either charge it or replace it, in my case it was the steering sensors, (from when I removed the steering arm to fit the dump pipe) I had Clint from profile autosports scan the codes and recalibrate the steering for a very small fee! Hope that helps. All ford day at willowbank this Sunday!!!!