My Bf Xr6 Na Engine With Turbo

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 27d

Because it’s a helical gear based mechanism vs a wet clutch type LSD the lash within the gears are probably designed by LG5 viscosity to bind up that gap and offer the correct interference there afterwards. It’s based around pure thickness and stability hence friction modifiers free

• Like 1

• Member For: 8y 5m 21d

Eaton recommend an 80w90 mineral based GL5 oil with no friction modifiers. Penrite specifically say that their HDGO8090 is suitable but only available in 20LT

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 27d

Through a bit of testing I favour my above picture (85/140 penrite ) for the Trutrack as it’s the quietest yet maintains perfect engagement. 

You'll find that Trutracks are a fairly clunky style LSD and can actually really feel lacking in confidence with lower than 140 weight oil but this is purely my opinion from doing quite a few installations and services to come up with this. 

back when Harrop did the Trutrack they were brilliant, Today’s Eaton Trutrack is very average of a LSD but can take abuse well, wouldn’t recommend for a “nice” daily vehicle 

Edited by JETURBO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Member For: 8y 5m 21d

Got the diff and cradle back in today. Still have to finish bolting up the other side but I've had enough today. Tailshaft finally fits perfectly now, the diff bushes just needed to be seated 7mm back as per Superpro instructions. a0fbb49818e71a38e10566d1e374100e.jpg2661f935be066cdf5ccfbca7087d6cfe.jpg08edf00e06e55aa50e50ca2664b0b819.jpg

• Like 1