My Bf Xr6 Na Engine With Turbo

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 8y 6m 8d

So I did something, not sure if it's a good idea or not yet... Lol going to clean it up and use it as a daily, taking the turbo off the road for awhile to so some upgrades.2234f4aedc98bf6f959cacafa2ec7d34.jpg1496eaa22869a6c63f3a0c5d8719f106.jpg

• Like 2

Haha that's about right. I've been asked a couple of times already if I'm Barra swapping it, tempting but no.

Mine needs a tailshaft, diff, bigger fuel system and turbo so it's going into the shed for a little while lol

• 1 month later...

So..

Fixed all the issues I've had, turns out the spark plugs were causing interference in the canbus system causing the pcm to lose communication with the abs module and lose it's speed data. Oh well.

Changed the rocker cover to an FG one with FG coil swap too. Back on the factory PCM and going on the dyno to check my tuning capabilities before the 1/8 mile drags on the 20th Feb 939f7e8eafb9fca94815617a639ce904.jpg

• Like 2

Well today didn't go to plan...

Put it on the hoist this morning, had to tighten a few exhaust bolts. Found that the sump is leaking again.. but everything else seems ok.

Kept blowing intercooler piping off on the dyno. Finally got a few solid runs in and the dyno reinforced the fact my turbo is too small. But oh well, still did pretty well.

385rwkw and 1275nm of torque
fec7edb5c7b2daf68b5cd55c696d06c5.jpgab36638471ebef4be6cbcc8a853c6e89.jpg

• Like 4