My Bf Xr6 Na Engine With Turbo

• Member For: 8y 6m 10d

Done over a 100kms so far with the powerglide. Been taking it to work instead of the work ute. Really nice to drive, was a little concerned how a 2 speed would go being a daily driver.

Going to take some getting used to with the whine of the straight cut gearset. 1st and reverse whine pretty loudly.

Haltech is a breeze to tune.

263c553e21992f9fff0e79a44f19fe9d.jpg
  • Like 3

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d

disappointed in the lack of skids in the vid :) but seems like it's running very well... testament to your work on this project :)

• Like 1

Thanks Keith it's running well, just have to do little things to clean it up now. Fibreglassing the centre around the shifter and also going to make a housing for the Haltech dash.

Debating on if I keep the boss bonnet or go back to a standard one so I don't get too much attention.

• Like 1

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 17d

Boss bonnet looks so much better than the standard bonnet I reckon. Only let down is the glare that gets thrown back right in your eyes occasionally in the arvos.

• Like 1

Yep the glare sh*ts me some days. Not that it's really a daily driver anymore.

Noticed the trans temps skyrocket when on the converter and my cooler under the car isnt getting enough airflow to cool the powerglide. So today hooked up a second cooler at the front as the primary and kept the one under the car connected as well. Both have fans, one at the front is now controller by the Haltech, one under the car has a thermostat switch to turn it on. Took it for a drive today and temps are stable no matter what I do to it.8c0076ab9f5809406bfc5dae18eeb191.jpg969fe21131c527394488592a527fbdfe.jpg

• Like 3

So this happened today..

Only managed one complete run. First attempt the fuel pump on the surge died mid run. So had to take it off the hubs onto the hoist and change it to 2 different pumps. Done that, then tried again and blew a cooler pipe. Fixed that and managed the run in the video, no boost control just on gate pressure of 20psi. Fuelling was fat at 10.8:1 and not much timing as it was the first test run. Managed 360kw at the hubs. Then at the end of the run you can hear it break down, no 5 coil won't fire. Tested coils and wiring, looks like it might be the Haltech... not sure why but we are putting the factory ECU back to see if it works. d58867025dad5eaa14c4277837669e98.jpg
  • Like 1

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 19d

Welcome to tuning a Haltech ......

In due course I’ll explain in my thread why I’m utterly disappointed with the barra plug n play ecu and do not rate at all ;)  

The workshop doing the tuning are used to tuning the Haltech 1500 and 2500 and realised that the plug n play is missing some features.

Oh well, it's being sent back to Haltech this week. Glad I let them tune it and I didnt bother with it.

At least the motor and gearbox held up fine. Turbo is rolling over already though. Held 20ish psi then dropped to 18psi at 6000rpm.

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 19d

Yeh there’s some more to it when it’s all boiled down

Any proficient ECU tuner of other makes will poke holes in Haltech all day long. They’re designed for mass workshops/tuners and are simplified at the cost of the end goal as time is money with tune shops that’s why so many like them  

if you’re not adding any DC up-top gate spring will never hold until past 5500 

your turbo probably has more in it no worries 

Edited by JETURBO