460Awkw Ttg

Grego.77

• Member For: 9y 4m 9d

I couldn't wait no more and made the decision earlier in the yr that before 2015 was over the TTG would be finished. Rang a well known tune shop in Sydney and asked can you tune a TT? They said yeah we've done heaps of them when do you want to bring it in? ASAP I said they said in the morning ok? (trust me when I say alarm bells started singing in my head) good work shops are usually flat out. Long story short on their dyno I walked in with 330awkw which is about right and after a few runs walked out with 460awkw with just 20psi boost... Dont ask me how Im making so much power on so little boost maybe their dyno put GST on the read out but the car does feel better... Goes kinda like my R1 on a bad day. She should get into the 10s they say. Wednesday we'll find out but I think the Creek is closed for this yr.

• RNS10S
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 12d

I couldn't wait no more and made the decision earlier in the yr that before 2015 was over the TTG would be finished. Rang a well known tune shop in Sydney and asked can you tune a TT? They said yeah we've done heaps of them when do you want to bring it in? ASAP I said they said in the morning ok? (trust me when I say alarm bells started singing in my head) good work shops are usually flat out. Long story short on their dyno I walked in with 330awkw which is about right and after a few runs walked out with 460awkw with just 20psi boost... Dont ask me how Im making so much power on so little boost maybe their dyno put GST on the read out but the car does feel better... Goes kinda like my R1 on a bad day. She should get into the 10s they say. Wednesday we'll find out but I think the Creek is closed for this yr.

Which tune shop?

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with my transfer case and if there is Im picking them up dirt cheap and its only a max of 30mins to change 1. By rights nothing should break. Engine has been built by me and although many lets call em haters thought I was fussy in my blue printing engine now has over 7000km on it and I dont have 1 drop of oil via blow by. Gearbox has been built by Joe at Crescent Motor Sports who is someone in my opinion a talented man and is in a league of his own as far as tuning and gearbox building goes. Front CVs are 2mm thicker than stock all bushes have been done and a couple had to get done again (Ill go into that later) rear diff is a genuine Truetrac tried and proven for the power Im making remember the 40/60 split. List goes on and on... My wallet aint broken iv gone through 2 tanks of E85 in 1 day driving extremely spirited. Just done my research and done it right the first time. Only thing Id like to do is to go through Joe to do a tune when he gets his all wheel drive dyno.

• Like 1

Which tune shop?

Ill mention the Tune shop after I go down the 1/4... I have not built an engine in 15yrs or so and all I can say is that the industry has changed dramatically. Ill ask whoever owns this site if I can mention all the idiots Iv had to deal with during this build. Its been my cost and time and although some ppl may find this embarrassing or feel that others should go through the same as what I have that's just not me If you get to know me and some guys on here actually do Im pretty sure they'll tell you that Im pretty upfront and call a spade a spade.

Joe @ CMS done the 98 tune. Its a very high comp motor and to be honest I didnt expect anything over 300awkw but Joe being who he is in 1hr (only due to dyno problems) got me 330 awkw and Im pretty sure the man can squeeze more out of her. The economy is that of a Euro5 spec diesel with combined city/highway and the very often WOT Im getting 475km to 70L and im getting well over 700Km on the free way. So yeah a massive thanks to Joe and the boys @ CMS for the advice and tune its what I expected and than some.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

Only taking the piss. Hope it goes well and you have a sh*t load of fun. I was never a territory fan until I bought one. Now my wife has to fight me for it.

• Like 1