Catch Can Plumbing

Davefg

• Member For: 11y 15d

Planning on buying a catch can setup and wanting to run -8an hose and fittings.

I've searched but still can't find a concrete answer whether or not you can run both pcv and breather line into same can and just vent to atmo?

I do realise that venting to atmo is not legal and it will cause greenies to cry but hey that's what I plan on doing. I've seen a fair few setups with both breathers going into one can and am wondering if it still works correctly due to negative and positive pressure?

I've noticed a fair bit of oil in the inlet manifold and also pre turbo and would like to get rid of it

Thanks in advance

So the pcv valve is just for emissions from factory to keep it legal?

I understand pcv valves to an extent just wasn't sure whether pulling it off and capping the vacuum line would alter anything.

Edited by Davefg

• Member For: 17y 11m

Just remember, the bigger the boost, the bigger the breather lines need to be. I'm going to be hitting 30+ psi, so I ran 2x -10an to the catch can and a -12 back to the intake.

A piece of advice for you. Don't buy a cheap Autobarn or Ebay catch can. Get something good like a Moroso, as they a designed differently.

Yeah I thought that may have been the case, I'm only running 20psi on e85 so considering -8an is far bigger than oem ford garbage I'm guessing it should work well.

Has anyone had any experience with the pro flow catch cans with the filter on top? I'm a strong believer in doing the job right the first time and don't want a cheap unit that will perform poorly.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 2d

If I remove the pcv and just run it as a breather though it would be fine? And cap it off with a plug where it goes into the manifold I don't see what the issue could be.

I don't see the need for the valve other than emissions and sucking oil back into the inlet manifold to burn it