Fg Dose Pipe Help Please

G6et899

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 22d

Hey guys, I got a g6e turbo and really want my dose to be louder ( I have already removed bov) ive seen many pics of ba/bf engine bays with dose pipes but can someone please post a pic of an fg turbo with a dose pipe? Im asking because the crossovers are different between fg and ba/bf. Thabks guys

Just for you buddy! Pretty sure it will suck in hot air so that's why this thread went stupid...

a1892078351dffe3d4c262ae96f86559.jpg

12427814b3afa975b7dd439a8005d828.jpg

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 10m 21d

OK Look the whole science behind the sound of a dose is to amplify the compressor surge, different materials, lengths and angles will change and affect the clarity of the dose. You can try experiment around with different setups or even compare with friends.

Boost level, tune, and supporting mods like steel intercooler piping can also indirectly affect the sound of the dose too.

As an example, a factory FG with BOV blocked off would be very silent, however with an upgraded intercooler and steel piping and after a tune, the dose can get somewhat louder, and achievable with almost a stock intake.

Things like air filters, intake silencer etc will all muffle it so if you want a very loud dose you can make an upgrade plan :

For the loudest possible dose, a steel intake pipe coming off the turbo would help.

I would get a cheap priced turbo side intake kit, then make your own modifications to it as you wish.

In my opinion an XR6 Turbo is a modern muscle car and should not be made to sound like a Jap car, so I prefer

a deep bassy type of flutter to indicate that it is a Turbo but nothing over the top.

Good luck mate please post some Youtube videos to show us the progress

Edited by Z2TT

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 9m 3d

Exactly what he said ^^^^

Block off the BOV normally does the trick fairly well. Had a mate with a fg that did that and you could hear him coming from 50m away. Also bigger front mount and metal piping and you'll be dosing your little heart out.

Dose pipe like the one pictured will do it aswell but you'll just be sucking in hot air and that's not really what you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by sprouly07

• 2 weeks later...