Zf 6 Speed Best External Trans Cooler?

james747

• Member For: 9y 4m 10d

Iv ran a B&M with thermo switch and fan on my TTG. Heats up fast and stays extremely stable at around 80 to 85. Mine fitted between the rails with plenty of ground clearance I believe the sedans have the exact same rail setup but more shallow (may have a clearance problem). No shifting problems. Im just not a fan of the ZF6 auto though full stop.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 2d

Iv ran a B&M with thermo switch and fan on my TTG. Heats up fast and stays extremely stable at around 80 to 85. Mine fitted between the rails with plenty of ground clearance I believe the sedans have the exact same rail setup but more shallow (may have a clearance problem). No shifting problems. Im just not a fan of the ZF6 auto though full stop.

B & M Just sounds TOUGH

• Like 1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 20d

Fair enough mate, enjoy the festive season with your family, I will be.

All the parts stores are closed so have to listen to the missus re-tell a shiity story for the 11ty billionth time and yell at the sulky teenage daughter anyway.

• Like 1

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 6d

F6 is back on the road. Have done aprox 150km and initial thoughts on the air/oil cooler aren't great.

I need to give the trans a little time to settle down but most notable is a clunk as it upshits when coming off a hard throttle input.

Next week I'll get some decent logs to determine what sort of temp the trans is operating at and if it needs any adjustments in the tune for a (potentially) lower temp. My main concern is I don't believe there is any ambient air temp compensation in the trans calibration.

So if it shifts nice with operating temps in the mid 50/60's in the 30deg ambient what's it going to be like when the ambient temps are single figures and trans temps are in the 40's?

• Like 2