Who Is Playing Fallout 4? What Strategy Are You Using?

OZYWALKER

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d

fark I though I lost it today. I honestly thought I was going to be a patient at Greylands cause I could find the thread I started.

So someone pulled a sneaky and merged threads by the looks of it and kept my thread title.

If you have never played Fallout 4, it can be freakin confusing. However, if you watch a few videos on Youtube, you might get a better idea.

If you really want to spend 2 hours watching how to play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbZtSoJtir0

:pandalol:

Edited by masda74

• Member For: 10y 4m 8d

Good tips marco, I havent played enough to offer any real tips yet, only level 12 atm.

We do indeed have similar strategies and im gearing towards rifles as well. Automatic you just run out of ammo way to fast and pistols are meh but some can be effective at close range. Shotgun does alot of damage but takes way to long to reload given you have to use it at close range so I think its more suited to a melee build.

Mysterious stranger perk really is great, taking it may seem like a gamble with your points but trust me, he has the very cool habit of showing up at the right time.

One thing that sh*ts me at this point is the way power is distrubuted through structures. Some of the wiring ive had to do to get all the lights to come on is beyond silly, and overall the settlement mechanics are a bit sketchy imo, structures are difficult to build in first person view and sometimes placing things can be a near impossible task. For example, built a house, went to move an internal wall, changed my mind and just could not put it back the way it was, wouldnt let me. Well that's were I got that fn peice of wall from so wtf. Needs a patch asap and an ariel/stratagey game veiw for building sh*t, well the option to flick between 1st, 3rd and ariel veiws when in workshop mode.

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members

I don't have enough points for the luck Special, which means I cant get the mysterious man.

I would have to spend 2 more points on luck to get that perk. Right now my priorities are on the gun nut.

I still have not completed a few of the paledin's quests to get the righteous laser rifle.

Quick hands under agility would allow you to reload fast enough with the shotgun.

There is also an automatic shotgun, if you are lucky enough to find it. however my biggest issue with this is that there is not enough ammo laying around for it.

I only have something like 239 shots available. the auto shotgun goes through that pretty fast.

Hey, I know your frustrations in regards to building Appartment blocks. :P

If you are familiar with minecraft, then you wouldn't have an issue. I never played minecraft, so it sh*ts me to no end.

However, I have found that if you use prefabricated building blocks instead, you won't have much issues.

The prefabricated blocks allow you to snap to the correct position a lot easier than the walls or floors.

All my appartments have a single start for the base. I use the stairs from the wood-> pre fab-> floors and then look for stairs.

I use that as a single support structure for the rest of the building.

it is funny how the whole building is support by this single stair case. Why do I do this? I like to keep the building off the floor.

The first floor is all an open area with no walls at all. Why? so that when I place all my turrets there, they have an open view 360 degrees.

No enemy is gonna sneak in. they have to get through the first floor to make it to the second.

Second floor is where all the beds are.

Third floor or should I say the roof is where I place my generators and settlement beacon.

Screw lights. If you want lights to work, they have to be near the generators.

My main settlement was sanctuary, but I have since changed it to "The Castle".

I don't think there is any benefit to it, but it could possibly become more clear later on in the game.

Possibly less travel time between locations?

One more tip for everyone. If you don't have the locksmith perk and want to get that gun at vault 111 at the exit?

Take dogmeat with you the where the gun is locked and get him to sniff for any valuables and he will actually open the lock for you.

;)

Free weapon.

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 12d

ive payed all fal out games from 3. and all the add on missions too. I thought 3 had better gmeplay, but vegas had a good story line.

I was unsure about 4 to begin with, but after about 35 hours into it im starting to get into it.

definitely do the side mission where the robots are trying to get their galleon off a building. is quite hilarious when you help them eventually get it off....

in goodneighbour the silver shroud missions are pretty fun too.

I use the power armor constantly- I found a stash of fusion cores in one building- 14 of the things! plus you can buy cores on the predwyn or from tinker tom in the railroad headquarters.

I like the way enemies behave quite differently from fallout 3- feral ghouls being one of them: the way they are so aggressive in how they launch at you- often going so hard they fall over and scramble to get back up again. also your companions can grab them and flip em over on to the floor is cool...

the super mutants have a few different varieties too. I love the suicide mutants- if they see you they just run toward you as fast as possible with a couple of

p-r-e-t-t-y decent bombs.

the death claws also are definitely not a 'point and shoot' enemy- side stepping pretty randomly as they close in on you. thank god for the fat man....

I'm loving the game more and more and am expecting to put at least 100 more hours into it...

• Like 1

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members

oh and you often find fusion cores in the basements of buildings that have power- they are in the generators. just take them.

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members

fark I have a long way to go. I know that most basements have power generators and you can grab the fusion cores, but I just find it difficult to find enough. it seems that my cores deplete to fast during fast travel. strange.

I haven't found the railway headquarters yet, so I haven't even started those quests. Joy.

I Haven't even found robots yet. fark I am wasting too much time hoarding lol.

I have only recently found good neighbour, but haven't done any missions there.

I am with the paladin's now and their big airship has recently landed. I got a new power armor suit which rocks, but it is now parked at the CASTLE!

Super mutants get taken out at a distance with the sniper rifle because of the kamikaze suicide bombers.....

I am staying away from death claw territory as much as possible. I avoid them all together.

Diamond city has good missions and I have been doing them with much weirdness. Ooooooohhh the illuminati. ;)

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members

I liked travelling with the private detective from diamond city... a cool looking synth.

I havent spent much time with dogmeat- I prefer to have a character I can converse with sometimes.

at the moment im travelling with the mayor of goodneighbour- after I sided with him on an issue...

you can flirt with some characters- ive avoided doing that with same sex npc's- but could be humorous.

I even took the singer from the third rail bar in goodneighbour home for the night.....

I mean- my wifes been dead for ages, and after 200 years my balls are kinda blue...

Edited by Panda Eyes
  • Like 2

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members

bamk2f6tornado, if you really want, you can add me to your friends list in steam.

Then when I am playing, you can right click on my name and select watch game.

Yes you can watch my stream if you want.

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members

last night I spent a couple hours mucking around in Sanctuary building a settlement.

you guys are right- its so addictive! masda I went with your strategy and built a staircase to hold up my first open-sided floor- with turrets, power armor station and work benches. then above that a floor with walls, roof, beds, power, seating etc.

I didnt realize you can scrap ANYTHING in the area other than good houses- and went nuts on the fences, trees, wrecked cars etc.

tonight ill see if anyone else has wondered in as theres plenty of water supply and food growing.

-------------------------

decided to finish the night back on some of the main mission- went south west to the 'glowing sea' to find an npc. WAAAAAY south-west. off the drawn map.

well this place is eerie to say the least. looks like where the bomb dropped, as everything is really messed up. there is NOTHING in tact. just glowing, smoldering craters in the ground. visibility is almost non existent... theres a green mist everywhere. I was genuinely freaked out.

now that's evidence to me of a great engrossing game..

bring on more!

Edited by Panda Eyes
  • Like 2