Turning Over A New "turbo"

GKGSJQKS

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 2m

All good - we've all said things on the forum at different times that we'd do differently if we were worried (most aren't)

There's a great community here and a hell of a lot of information, experience, help and memories to be had.

Like all communities - it's up to the individual how/where they fit in, contribute and what they get out of it.

As far as I'm concerned, someone with an opinion and a voice is of a hell of a lot more value than someone who pops in, makes a single post asking about an issue with there car and then never returns.

Keep up the good work, get to know the characters on the forum, give sh*t when it's appropriate, take sh*t when required and you'll fit right in.

• Like 4

• Banned
  • Member For: 8y 10m 8d

Haha, well I may or may not be selling it. This trip to Thredbo was meant to be my last as I've been contemplating on quitting the sport. Just don't have the time or drive anymore.

• Banned
  • Member For: 8y 10m 8d

Well I've been putting it off for a while. I initially wanted to quit riding a couple of years ago after selling my old bike. I had hit a brick wall at the time and was not really progressing anymore, having sustained a big wrist injury which required surgery. I ended up buying a new bike hoping it would be the key to getting back into it and I did so for a couple more years, but riding now is more of a chore rather than recreation. Having said that, I've gotten more into cars now and that's going to be my focus. Even if I do sell my bike, I'm still proud of what I've managed to accomplish, being someone who came from no prior bike experience and jumping straight into the deep end by taking on the most difficult and dangerous discipline. Most of the people I met through riding were all naturals, either coming from BMX or motocross backgrounds, so trying to keep up with them was a challenge indeed. I had to work pretty hard to get to where I got to, and it was no where near the level I wanted to be at but eventually I became content with just riding for fun. The trip to Thredbo really reaffirmed my feelings towards the sport as I did not really enjoy it. The Snowy Mountains cruise on the other hand was great fun. I'm hoping to attend as many cruises as I can and do some track days at Eastern Creek next year.

• Like 1