Honest Question About Xr6 Turbo Vs Ve V8

invictus

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 25d

More grip and better control especially on high horse power cars.

Yes there is more grip, but IMO I would have to say that a single spinner is easier to control if traction control is turned off.

LSD takes much greater driver skill to keep it facing forward, and even more in the wet.

• Like 1

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 15d

I don't think you will get a lot for 10k on the VE. In 2006 I bought a brand new VZ SS and had the work done by Marks Workshop in York. About 13k for the supercharger then by the time you get an exhaust and maybe a mild cam,air intake,catch can etc etc you will have spent 20k. 10k will get you a lot of nice goodies for an XR6t and you will get way better fuel economy.

^WHS. When looking into bolting a blower onto my VF Redline it wasn't just the $10k you could get the blower kit done for, you also needed a full exhaust system too...and they ain't cheap. You'd be spending closer to $16-18k for full blower and zorst combo.

If your budget is $10k for 350rwkw then XR6T everytime. Bear in mind though that the rear end is made of glass on the falcons. So factor in replacing the diff bushes and potentially a few others if the car you buy hasn't had it done.

Do FG xr6t have traction control? If they do wouldnt the LSD not matter?

They do, but once you've modified the car it's essentially worthless...the traction control barely did anything useful in my FG XR6T even stock...3rd gear roll-on in a straight line in the wet would kick the car sideways.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 2d

Straight line the TC gives a little room to play....but when turning the TC kicks in hard (and sounds terrible lol)

But like everyone said...you will need more than 10k to make the commonwhore go fast. FG you should get to 350rwkw for like 6-7k (do e85 tune and you will get there without turbo change...so save 1.5k). And even less if you source second hand parts. Then you have spare coin for brembos and suspension ;)

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 15d

^My FG turbo nearly killed me when I was driving it home just after I'd bought it. Naive me said to myself "I've never had a car with traction control before, let's see how well it works"...it was raining and it kicked out rather hard around a corner when I got up it...surprised the sh*t out of me!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 2d

Lol....yeh im too puzzy to go hardcore in the wet.

I got it to step out a little on the test drive....caryards and their tyreshine lol that's when I thought 'this is a friggen beast'....but then I got used to it - cause I never put tyre shine on again lol

Edited by PTR_NITRO_FG

• Banned
  • Member For: 8y 9m 11d

What kind of 0-100 times can be expected from a worked FG XR6T? A stock F6 does it in 4.9 apparently. I'm under the impression that even with heaps of mods you'd struggle to get traction getting up to 100km.