K13Th's car.

Rab

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 15d

yer hes pretty gay

with the amount of dribble on this forum from you , you could have already made a thread with all the answers everyone's asking and been done with it ages ago.

my2cents

as explained hnyar -> http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/91399-k13ths-car/#entry1570678-- it's just a ton easier to type a short response than a long one.

Cool colour f6, hope it gets back on the road where it belongs without costing too much, although it sounds like you are at the stage where nothing else will happen without opening your wallet wide

Cheers mate, $$ yep.

They need to be parallel to provide less restriction, series doesnt work the same, 3 high flows in series may get the emissions effect your after but will only flow as well as one, or the most restrictive one

1 200cpi "high flow" (maybe for an N/A car LOL :P ) catalytic converter "should" be sufficient for a low power tune.

Best colour that came out on the BA's!

Keith, couldn't you just get two tunes for the car? One that passes emissions and another for 'track work' for those times you want to give it a bit of a boot?

Is there much lenience in an E85 emission compared to 98? Obviously the clutch is on its last legs but a weak as pi$$ tune would at least get you mobile.

Yep, the tune box will hold 10 tunes, these days (XCAL3) so of course that's what I'll be doing... With regard to E85, I believe E85 has "other" emissions issues and they'll be able to easily tell you're trying to fool the test by using a different fuel and they'd probably auto-fail you. 98 or nothing, it seems, from my research.

It's the cat converter that's the problem - a high-flow cat doesn't pull enough of the bad stuff out of the exhaust.

My understanding is that E85 doesn't produce the chemicals that a cat needs to filter out, so that's a possibility.

Yep, did read your thread. Similar issues, but not as ... severe... As far as I know, as long as a cat converter is "warmed up" it'll have no problem catalysing the exhaust even if it is higher flow than a stock one (to a point, of course). A "stoich" tune will give off very little chemicals requiring conversion (is the theory).

He posted them!!!!

Keith, do a skid ya mad cnt godammit

I think I preferred not knowing anything. Big power car sitting in limbo sux balls.

Phil, I'm not sure how my car would go in an official test since it's never had one, but Simon at XFt used my car as a guinea pig to test his new gas analyser addon to his Mainline dyno a few years back. I have a twin cat Manta 2x2.5" system and he passed the test simulation with it, so he told me. Have to hold revs at certain points to match some sort of pre existing path, I'm fuzzy on the details though. Gives hope however. Problem is you'd want to know for sure before stumping up $1600, fark.

Yeah, a 5 gas analyser on a dyno should give a reasonable indication of whether it'll pass :) that's essentially the plan.

SEEeeeeeeeeee Keith

This thread is good - not only for you but for the stripe boi as well as he delivered pics

Agreed :) The thread can definitely stay, now, even if I make a better one hahaha

• Like 2

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 2m

Wouldn't be cheap - maybe not even viable with the gear he has

I reckon Keiths plan to do it correctly and do it once is the right way

just%20do%20it.jpg

• Like 1

• Sandtrap Motorsport
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m

Ok I'll start because we know this works