Process West Stage 1 Vs Plazmaman Stage 1

vanq69er

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 18d

No cut means no cut

Yes I do have prices for jonny's stuff but it's much larger than his competitors..... This is because his cooler is designed to support larger power figures so it's much more comparable to bigger staged cooler kits

If you want any info you have to pm me but I'm not biased as I use everything and anything but am willing to get forum members better than list prices because I can

• 5 years later...
  • Member For: 8y 10m 4d

I just got a Plazmaman Stage 1and piping kit. Advertise zero cutting. Wrong. Piping Kit does not fit as it should. Nothing fits as it should. There downloads have nothing for the Stage 1 and piping kit for FG. Took over 2 months for delivery. Rang them 3 times took photos. Nothing. No Help at all. Stay away. $2047.78 down the drain. I will take it off take it out the backyard and burn it . Then start again. sh*t Companies. Don't Know how they have stayed in business. Stay Away.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 8d

all companies have :pooh: experiences for specific customers... it's a mark of a good company on how they react to the negativity.... hopefully they can sort you out.

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 21d
18 hours ago, Banto said:

I just got a Plazmaman Stage 1and piping kit. Advertise zero cutting. Wrong. Piping Kit does not fit as it should. Nothing fits as it should. There downloads have nothing for the Stage 1 and piping kit for FG. Took over 2 months for delivery. Rang them 3 times took photos. Nothing. No Help at all. Stay away. $2047.78 down the drain. I will take it off take it out the backyard and burn it . Then start again. sh*t Companies. Don't Know how they have stayed in business. Stay Away.

Speaking from my own experience here

Where did you get it from?

I purchased a 1000hp plazzy intercooler from golebys. They called me to inform me that the wait time for the cooler will be a while. At the time the demand for I/C's from plazzy was really high and they couldn't keep up with it - hence the long wait times.

If I'm not mistaken, the parts are manufactured in China but are assembled and welded by hand hence the long production time.

It took just under 2 months for my IC to arrive. However, I was told about this and thus expected the long wait time. 

This notice is the responsibility of the seller, if you didn't get it from Plazzy themselves then it isn't their fault you weren't informed of this. If it was purchased from them, then yea that's a dog move on their part.

How handy are you on the tools?

I installed the intune motorsports piping kits on two cars. Mine and my brothers. It is the same (very similar design) as the Plazzy stage 1 kit.
From my own experience, no they do not require any cutting. It was relatively straightforward to do. Bit of trial and error and it fit snug. 

A lot of people tend to bag out instructions for installation of parts. Plazzy instructions aren't the greatest, heard the same about PW too. I'd call them more like guidelines as they probably assume the person installing the parts are competent.

I got a lot of help installing my 1000hp ic from @JETURBO, I was definitely way over my head when it came to the install. But with the help of my brother, beers, and this forum I got it installed over a weekend. The instructions clearly stated that it was to be installed by a professional which I most certainly am not.

Taken from the instructions:

"WARNING - This product is a premium item and the fitting should be done by skilled or knowledgeable persons only ."

To end this off, both companies make really good products. They both have good and bad reviews.

I'm not sure I can say this for certain, but from what I've learnt in the world of barra's its that it is common knowledge that the plazzy stuff (coolers and piping specifically) are harder to install when compared to the PW stuff.

This is probably why a lot of performance shops tend towards the PW kits and not the plazzy kits.

Edited by biddie_fiddler
grammar

• Member For: 3y 1m 24d

I'm very good on the tools..... but even if I was only average I don't think it would of made any difference in regards to installation of a process west stage 1 cooler  I've done it on my car years ago and also a friends car install was fairly easy... can't speak for plazmaman never installed one of there coolers but they do got a very good rep... I got there Turbo side intake and battery relo that fitted all up

no issues 

@Banto are there any variables we don't know about for e.g

* Are you not so good on the tools? (Just saying not everyone is please don't take it as if I'm having a go I'm not)

* Has the car had a big front ender in its life? Accident repair may not be perfect thus things not lining up?

* Is the issue with just the piping? Or are you having issues getting the cooler to mount up as well? 

Edited by TRYME

• Member For: 8y 10m 4d

Ex Mechanic so I'm not a nuff nuff. I have a pretty good idea. No prangs bought it knew. Bought stage 1 intercooler and piping kit direct from Plazmaman. I do have the hot side done. Intercooler install was the easy part. I got a a lot of Atomic engine parts from Golebys they are first rate. The intercooler does mount up to to existing mounting brackets so that was easy. When I rang them all I got was " Our guys can fit these in an Hour and a half " What a champion.