New Build - Home Renovations - Gardens - Garages & Sheds.

Pixy Angel

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 6d

Worked out the kitchen layout finally agreed with jet... done a few sketches... bit timber wrap around benchtops... white 2pack gloss finish with the handless look.

Lost on flooring though.
Light grey walls.. this area is upstairs so its all timber particle board so quite flexible.... currently a non modern timber floating floor.
I like tiles but unsure of the style or colour and the options re it being on such a flexible base...
And obviously dont want carpet in the kitchen. And vinyl ew.

Any suggestions?

babf81ddbefe73eebc984580ece717ea.jpg

• Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 23d

that's what I've got Fluffy

2pac gloss white no handles

Have alook at chrome or tinted mirror for black splash. We have white tiles in the kitchen full length makes easy cleaning

Once we move in I'm adding some of the timber floor a got to the island bench to brake up the white and add some warmth to the area

• Like 1

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 1d
17 hours ago, Frederick said:

Worked out the kitchen layout finally agreed with jet... done a few sketches... bit timber wrap around benchtops... white 2pack gloss finish with the handless look.

Lost on flooring though.
Light grey walls.. this area is upstairs so its all timber particle board so quite flexible.... currently a non modern timber floating floor.
I like tiles but unsure of the style or colour and the options re it being on such a flexible base...
And obviously dont want carpet in the kitchen. And vinyl ew.

Any suggestions?

babf81ddbefe73eebc984580ece717ea.jpg

How flexible is the floor Dani? 

If you use a big tile like 600x600 porcelain and use a rubber based glue with a 15mm notch trowl.

Notch the floor and the tile and use self leveling clips it will be 99% fine. 

The rubber glue will take upto 3-5mm of flex notching 30mm of glue on each section... though will obviously cost plenty in glue.. read up on Ardex web site. they are the only glue grout silicone I recommend and use.

• Like 1

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 6d

Sounds good pix!

Yeah Cris I was thinking the same principal in terms of a big tile and a good glue with some flex.

The only indication I have to go on at this point is the bathroom where the wall tile grout is already pooing itself and was only retiled 3 years ago befote we moved in.

Were in the hills and the house is elevated so there is definitely some movement. However that end is the back end which I think suffers less movement