Pixy Angel

New Build - Home Renovations - Gardens - Garages & Sheds.

10 minutes ago, Mrs Jeturbo said:

Like it’s so hard to click and look.... 

The hosting site I use was having a sh*t fit... here ya go fussy karnt...

well, you can either have everybody on this site click a link and open a new page just to view something you're trying to show visually... or you could wait for your "image hosting site" to stop having a sh*t fit like you did :) I'm confident I know which is easier out of the two on balance xD

Yeh but x15 Globes in fancy festoon style is the same amount as the bloody light 🙈

Cant wait to fit the monstrosity.... NOT  

Shut up freaky hahaha 

So got a luxoflex quote back for $86,000 for all our blinds and curtains throughout..... for one house. 

Think I’ll go with the $30k quote from the normal supplier thanks 

5 hours ago, Mrs Jeturbo said:

Shut up freaky hahaha 

So got a luxoflex quote back for $86,000 for all our blinds and curtains throughout..... for one house. 

Think I’ll go with the $30k quote from the normal supplier thanks 

I use luxoflex.  They are quality. 

They are amazing! but they’re also a rip off in my opinion because u can get the same blinds made for a 3rd of the price, without the sticker that says luxoflex, with lifetime warranties, made from the same materials to 99% the level of finish, if not on par. 
I guess that’s because the products I want are not some of their patented ones. 

Honestly, who spends $100k on blinds unless you’re spending $2-3mil plus on a single dwelling. It’s just not viable with the quantity we have to do.... the quote, with the 20% off they currently have, would have been $130k for two houses worth of blinds.
That’s just ridiculous. 

j@ and I were saying their market is older couples wanting to put one or two good quality, Bells and whistles blinds into their pre existing home their tarting up ... so then they justify the cost.... you can tell The type. Cough cough. 😇

I did get my master bedroom done with Luxaflex, but that was coz I had an odd shaped bay window I wanted to block out without having to put up frames. Ended up getting their duettes, which turned out sweet. But that 1 bedroom was literally a third of the cost of my blinds...for the whole house! Rest of the house got roller blinds (and even motors in the living room) from the same blinds shop. Crazy price disparity, but did work a treat in the master.

15 hours ago, Mrs Jeturbo said:

They are amazing! but they’re also a rip off in my opinion because u can get the same blinds made for a 3rd of the price, without the sticker that says luxoflex, with lifetime warranties, made from the same materials to 99% the level of finish, if not on par. 
I guess that’s because the products I want are not some of their patented ones. 

Honestly, who spends $100k on blinds unless you’re spending $2-3mil plus on a single dwelling. It’s just not viable with the quantity we have to do.... the quote, with the 20% off they currently have, would have been $130k for two houses worth of blinds.
That’s just ridiculous. 

j@ and I were saying their market is older couples wanting to put one or two good quality, Bells and whistles blinds into their pre existing home their tarting up ... so then they justify the cost.... you can tell The type. Cough cough. 😇

there were cheaper in 1996. More expensive in 2011.

family get luxaflex. Renters get ABC blinds. I was wrong I dong use luxoflex. 

Edited by arronm

Well... we are officially 3 months ahead of schedule.... *touch wood*... and I’m really happy.

All internal first fix is now complete, I made some minor adjustments to some things on the fly and had the Chippy and Plumber back in. 

Aircon ducting, full first fix electrical, plumbing and now roof all done, with the exception of a few panels going on tomorrow. 
Then by the end of this week it’s insulation and linings going on. 

Gas install (new services) happening on the 1st and power is now connected. 

Had the retaining and fencing contractor out this afternoon to go over some things and excited to see render for on the ground facade in the next couple weeks also so we can get driveway & perimeter concrete (exposed ag) done and then fencing. 

My diary is only heaps full every day... but really loving it. 🥰

XLOeUE5.jpg

VPQiTri.jpg

Edited by Mrs Jeturbo

You can spend 30k on blinds. 

I'm flat out getting upset because they charge me 20 cents for sauce.

3 hours ago, Mrs Jeturbo said:

Well... we are officially 3 months ahead of schedule....

this is awesome!!!!!

I don't know of anybody who's been ahead of schedule on a home build

99% of the time the builder is making excuses why things are taking so long :mole:

Yeah I’ve been working really closely with my site supervisor to line everything up. 
Also I make an effort to go on site every day to either meet with trades or double check everything so there’s two sets of eyes on things and I’m there for consultation. Cuts out any confusion and let’s me oversee things. 

Matty (my site supervisor) has just been amazing and we bounce off each other really well, which is awesome, because you’re right, normally people just use excuses, but he’s appreciative of all the help I’ve been also, so we have a mutual respect. 

Making changes to plans on the fly is also something most home builds don’t get to go through without major issues and expense, so I appreciate I can just go on site as required and make changes and calls on things and he will call me if he needs me to decide on something and click of the fingers and it’s done.

Edited by Mrs Jeturbo

when we were doing our reno, my builder didn't show up for a month, said he was very busy with other jobs

ended up getting rid of him and getting another one in  :bopp:

yeah, he was a mate...................

me and Mrs BCB reckoned he just didn't want to do the job in the end

the new guy we got came in all gang busters like

we were totally blown away with the progress he made

but he wasn't cheap

You pay for quality unfortunately with most things in the building game. 
We could have saved $300k if we went with a cheaper builder... would have taken double the time and be built from far less quality materials and have a pretty lame level of finish. 

Get what you pay for, glad it worked out in the end! 

Left side is mums side - if she could open the windows there's a chance she could get out - no one wants that

1 hour ago, Admin (as if) said:

how come the left house windows above the front door up the top look different fluff? my ocd is going offf

It did my head in too.... but rest assured there’s plantation shutters going on them so you won’t notice. 

it’s because they don’t open as they’re at the top of an open full height void. 

Rab is also right 🤣