New Build - Home Renovations - Gardens - Garages & Sheds.

Pixy Angel

• RNS10S
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 12d

Cost for 9 soft close doors to kitchen $1000, OMFG!! really highway robbery. You can buy them from hardware store for like $20 a pair.

I got quoted $900 for 7 drawers which I though was reasonable as the draws need to be remade to fit the new runners.

Why they have soft closing doors but not soft closing drawers is just stupid. (House was purchased directly from builder)

But for doors that price is disgusting, BLUM make adapters that fit over their standard hinges and I beleive they are about 10 or 15 bucks each

• Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 2d

I got quoted $900 for 7 drawers which I though was reasonable as the draws need to be remade to fit the new runners.

Why they have soft closing doors but not soft closing drawers is just stupid. (House was purchased directly from builder)

But for doors that price is disgusting, BLUM make adapters that fit over their standard hinges and I beleive they are about 10 or 15 bucks each

Oops sorry it was meant to say draws not doors. I have 9 draws in the inland bench but still over priced. The kitchen mob also quoted me around $700 for 5 lights that go under the overhead cupboards. Answered that quick........NO!

Ill see my electrician to run LED strip.

Anyway today was very interesting. After a morning meeting with builder wife about variation to some work which we now this means more $$$ I got the price down from $4500 to $3300 they tried but I read everything and some of the variation was in the contract as inclusion, nice try........LOL.The bush fire zone went from BAL-12.5 to BAL19 on the east,west and north elevation and BAL-12.5 on the front (east) so the whole house is now fire protected.

The day got better when I took the kids up today and by luck the engineer was there inspecting the steel work. We had a good chat.

The polystyrene blocks are only in that on spot of the garage the rest all steel and concert, thank god! The engineer said the height from the

polystyrene, steel to the top of the concert is 100mm. Normally 85mm.

See pic below of location of Polystyrene.

Garage-22_zpsdwfttu2m.jpg

Now back to my very interesting chat with the engineer he told me that the wall collapse all that work to fix it I do not have to pay for it as he said that they had excavated to far which caused the collapse.

Payment for slab/garage is due soon guess we'll find out.

Thanks for your advice guys appreciate it.

• Like 1

• RNS10S
  • Donating Members

Oops sorry it was meant to say draws not doors. I have 9 draws in the inland bench but still over priced.

I ended up buying something like this and did it myself.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Box-of-15-Drawer-runner-H45-soft-self-closing-500mm-/201311667185?hash=item2edf1c43f1:g:u8EAAOSwv0tVCrEx

Total cost was roughly $200 for 14 runners

• Like 1

• RNS10S
  • Donating Members

Theres a mob in Wetherill Park that sell them, good quality ones.

Can't think of there name but I drive past there in the mornings, I'll report back with their contact.

They come in different lengths.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 4d

Have reports from the in laws that bricks are up and windows are in too. Wanted to be the first to see it with the missus but seems they went to check up on our behalf. Good news anyway! Will have a look tomorrow.

• Like 5

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 26d

Oops sorry it was meant to say draws not doors. I have 9 draws in the inland bench but still over priced. The kitchen mob also quoted me around $700 for 5 lights that go under the overhead cupboards. Answered that quick........NO!

Ill see my electrician to run LED strip.

we took the soft-close option, one of the best kitchen decisions made, I LOVE them. :bliss: