New Build - Home Renovations - Gardens - Garages & Sheds.

Pixy Angel

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 10d

Well all the flushing is being done at the moment... coming along nicely...

K37iTt1.jpg

Ro05KFz.jpg

JQHZ3rS.jpg

J7hKPzJ.jpg

Also ordered some big pieces today... 

Inspiration for the master bedroom is as follows: 

WALL PAPER (Wall behind bed)

aNSmp0i.jpg

BEDSIDE TABLES:

AsSDV2R.jpg

This will be paired with grey walls and light grey plush pile carpet... sheer, grey, full length curtains in light grey... gold wall lights above either bedside table... and ... 

THE CUSTOM MADE BED (ordered today) 

made from this dusty pink velvet: 

KnKRnnK.jpg

I also orders our fridge today... 

viHmZgZ.jpg

And I’m about to pull the trigger on our dishwasher... I’m thinking about going drawers, given my back is one of the biggest issues, bending up and down again at the waist repetitively is very difficult for me, so dish-drawer will solve this issue... 

Ou7FbjY.jpg

• Like 2

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 29d
On 08/10/2020 at 8:17 PM, ilk said:

Wheres the sex dungeon

Would have liked to have seen anchor points for the pole and the swing at least.

Am tipping the door handles only let you out of a room if they decide to allow it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 23d
11 hours ago, Mrs Jeturbo said:

WALL PAPER (Wall behind bed

wall paper is so last century :hammerhead:

11 hours ago, Mrs Jeturbo said:

And I’m about to pull the trigger on our dishwasher... I’m thinking about going drawers, given my back is one of the biggest issues, bending up and down again at the waist repetitively is very difficult for me, so dish-drawer will solve this issue... 

Ou7FbjY.jpg

we have had  twin dishdrawers for 12 years and we love them

first one died after 9 years

as a couple its perfect for our needs

using the top drawer everyday, bottom drawer only gets used in the weekend when we make a big mess in the kitchen 

the bottom drawer is still going to be bad for your back and having a family you will be using it more than we do

maybe you could buy 2 single dish drawers 

it does work out about $300 dearer but the top drawer is bigger than the bottom one so it is beneficial, also no bending over with your bad back 

https://www.retravision.com.au/fisher-paykel-dd60scw9?gclid=Cj0KCQjwt4X8BRCPARIsABmcnOqO_kMZDkWZZb9A1p6LHIqc29eyPQG8xDy5ZzkRLgb6g2oifEAxdpwaAspKEALw_wcB

people also complain that the dishdrawer doesn't clean properly, we don't have a problem, we just make sure we rinse off the lumps before stacking

it works out good for us up here with high humidity and temps

previously we had a conventional dishwasher that would take a couple of days to fill/stack resulting in smelly stench by the time we turned it on

• Like 1

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 10d

Hahah the wall paper is a gorgeous American designers work I’ve been admiring for ages!!! 

https://www.awblove.com/collections/all-wallpaper/products/dutch-love-wallpaper

Allowing for conversion rates, the one wall in our bedroom is $3000aud (trade price) without install. 
It’s something I’ve modelled my design off from the beginning though. 

I wish I could do two top drawers!!!! 
Unfortunately I only allowed the one dishwasher space 😭.... but it gives me the chance to do 70% at normal height then only have to bend for the pots and pans which is better than stacking the whole lower pull out drawer in a normal dishwasher. 

Im glad you have had a good experience, I’ve read some mixed reviews so I was procrastinating! 

• Like 1

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 23d
5 minutes ago, Mrs Jeturbo said:

Im glad you have had a good experience, I’ve read some mixed reviews so I was procrastinating! 

there is 1 main gripe that I have read about

"doesn't clean my dishes properly"

which is a pretty valid complaint as it is a dishwasher  

from personal experience there are 2 things that is important when using a dishdrawer

#1:   rinse off all the lumps and crusted on bits 

#2:  realize that the dishdrawer washes from the bottom up only and stack accordingly 

ie:  you cannot place something over the top of something horizontally, it will not get any waterjet from beneath

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 25d

BCB is on the money here. Our basic dishwasher gets loaded full at least once and occasionally twice per day and it always comes clean with the first two steps. It's dried up rice, pasta and other crap that goes hard that won't come off as easy.

The only thing I do differently is stack a long serving dish, colander, potato masher, eggflip or similar across the top of the cups in the top drawer. There are enough little gaps for the water to shoot between the cups and clean whatever is on top of them. There just needs to be lots of vertical gaps for the water to move through, except right at the top.

• Like 1