New Build - Home Renovations - Gardens - Garages & Sheds.

Pixy Angel

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 25d

Haha this was to convince the wife to let him sleep outside! Got sick of cleaning up after him and needed him to survive Canberra winter nights.

Has plywood internal walls, wool insulation in the walls and roof, foam and foil tiles under the floor and heavy plastic to waterproof the roof.

• Like 2

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 16d
3 hours ago, Mrs Jeturbo said:

I really wasn’t phased with any direct under roof insulation.

I have to agree with Arron

insulation under the roofing material is not something to be scoffed at

reducing the temperature in the roof space is ALWAYS going to improve your ceiling insulation's effectiveness

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 3d

Oh well in that case I’ll just get them to rip the roof up right now because some people, who aren’t builders, on the inter webs who haven’t seen the locality, the climate, the final plans of the house and aren’t contributing financially said I need something. What on earth were we thinking *slaps forehead*.

In all seriousness though, we’re only living here for 5 years, this isn’t our final house, it’s an investment, so there were always things we weren’t going to be that concerned with, this was one of them 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Mrs Jeturbo

• Donating Members

Yeah you’re right... the last 23mil in construction projects I’ve managed ahead of time and budget don’t count at all... I am hopeful maybe one day I will know what I’m doing. 

Anywhooooo..... 

Got some drawings back for some cabinetry I’m thinking about adding... an inbuilt TV unit and a bench seat for the dining area. 

Also the cabinetry for the bar area. 
All tied in with the black and white theme we’re going for, I’m sold on the benches but still refining the bar set up. 

JdJUfFK.jpg

DUOlKft.jpg

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 16d
16 minutes ago, Mrs Jeturbo said:

the last 23mil in construction projects I’ve managed ahead of time and budget don’t count at all

I know it's sometimes very hard to admit that you are wrong

nobody wants to be wrong, it's just human nature

we all love you Fluff and I'm not personally having a dig at you

in my (limited) experience roofing for domestic housing benefits hugely from under roofing materials insulation 

this quote is taken from AS/NZS 4859.1:2002: Materials for the thermal insulation of buildings • AS 3999-1992: Thermal insulation of dwellings—bulk insulation— installation requirements

Quote: 

5.40  On the other hand, the Australian Building Codes Board (ABCB), in its Regulation Impact Statement for the recent changes, said, 'studies carried out show a benefit in more roof insulation in all locations.'29'

• Donating Members

Do you understand what a cost vs benefits analysis is? 

you’ll also be interested to know that reading the BCA was part of my qualifications, but thanks for clarifying you can google 👏