New Build - Home Renovations - Gardens - Garages & Sheds.

Pixy Angel

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 18d

should have had my lychee tree pruned lower :omg:

kNWSTSW.jpg

one wet season later

rigwNxo.jpg

and the mass devastation from having our monsta mango tree chopped 

2WcftJp.jpg

8 months later

Gc161NL.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 5d

So things have been very busy at Casa del Jeturbo LOL

In the end we needed 20 of the largest concrete trucks for the footings.... it was epic... they were still screeding at 4.30pm and they started at 6.00am.

(This was due to several factors; the size of the house and the height of the house as well as the old house had a deep cellar, which we filled, compacted and let settle, however we had several deep piers driven in multiple places to ensure minimal movement over time).

Termite protection went on also then the sparkies came and ran the conduits for electrical and telecommunications.

Then there was a week of radio silence while we let the concas settle. (We are pushing the build through as fast as possible on this end because I know the custom stuff like the kitchen and windows will take plenty of time at the other end.

Then storm water went in and bricks were delivered to the rear of the block during that week of waiting so we weren't wasting time.

Along side the main construction I've been a busy bee organising SAPN power connections for both properties, SA Water water supply and waste for both properties (that was a cool $10k I didn't wanna part with *cry*), organising the build to not occur on the days the road was dug up and the usual fun that goes with subdividing and building. As you can see there was fresh bitumen poured today as they finished the sewer install yesterday. Giving SA Water all credit they were great to work with, but made a Carnt of a mess lol.

Also had APA Gas works out to move the neighbours gas metre as its on our property. We discovered their fence has been 500mm wrong for the last 97 years LOL so that needed to be moved and with some wheeling and dealing I managed to get it free of charge so the boys from Downer civil came out and moved that for me also, again great to deal with. 

The last 2 days have been prep and then erection (LOL erection) of the structural steel, timber for ground floor is being delivered tomorrow and the chippies will start on GF, then upstairs timber comes mid next week.... all up expecting them to take about 2 weeks due to the sheer size and volume of what they have to do. 

We have a fairly comprehensive party wall for them to complete as well as two levels of each house both with 2.7m ceilings and a custom floor plan. Overall the house stands over 7m tall from kerb to parapet mouldings on the frontage and over 8m tall from kerb to roof tip, which isn't small. 

Despite pretty dreary conditions we've still achieved a significant amount in the 4 weeks we've been in construction, which I'm super pleased about. 

Steel:

JnjAuWo.jpg'

An elevation for reference:

k6H0K14.jpg

Edited by Mrs Jeturbo
  • Like 2

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 18d

You better believe it does lol 

Plus that’s why I bought the mobile 4 poster to get it in the driveway for high lifts 

• Like 1

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 5d

It's going down, I'm yelling timber 
You better move, you better dance ..... 

*apologies for the Bad song reference* 

Gls1n6r.jpg

Yx7YqpQ.jpg

On a totally related note.... I feel poor 🤣

EQNGg7R.jpg

• Like 3