New Build - Home Renovations - Gardens - Garages & Sheds.

Pixy Angel

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 15d
11 hours ago, Rab said:

Anyone have any experience with induction cooktops?

I reno'd the kitchen about 10+ years ago with a Whirlpool gas cooktop/rangehood and oven while on a budget and am looking to take it a step further

The oven takes about 45 mins to get up to 180c and the gas stove just doesn't get hot enough for the cast iron to properly sear a steak

Should I look for a better gas cooktop, or is induction worth looking at?

Why can’t we have both?

(Cbf finding the taco girl meme) 

were doing a fisher and Pykel 4 gas and 2 induction burner cooktop, but you can play with the config as much as u want and the pieces go  together as you wish. 

I like gas, but I want fast cooking for some chit. 

https://www.fisherpaykel.com/au/kitchen/cooking-appliances/cooktops.html

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 26d

had a tree fall over in the backyard into the neighbours property last week

It was to big for me to cut up and remove so we got a professional in to remove it

while he was here we got him to remove some dying vegetation and prune our lychee tree in the pool garden

the sad thing was that our massive mango tree (aprox 80-100 years old) was dying with severe dry rot and borers 

it had been looking pretty sad for about 18 months and had lost just about all its leaves 

It was not salvageable, so it had to go :cry:

also the golden cane out the front of the house which was so big we built our fence around it was also in the throws of dying so it had to go as well

I had to make a fence panel to compensate for the missing foliage 

Mrs BCB cried when she got home the day they cut everything because our back yard looked a bit like Hiroshima 

anyways, now its time to visit the nursery and buy something to fill the voids :original:

golden cane on front fence line

s8kl5pS.jpg

After

mtHDs2G.jpg

new panel

VRbCb1W.jpg

OIqhUPw.jpg

Mango tree (pic taken in 2005 from neighbouring property)

w02WaM7.jpg

devastation

g1z2ueQ.jpg

2WcftJp.jpg

Lychee trim

kNWSTSW.jpg

• Like 1

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 3d

hey @Rab,

that oven of yours doesnt sound right mate ours has normal heat up (15 mins) and a faster heat up option.

as for your gas it should be able to get well and truly hot enough. does it have the wok type burner? if not that's what you want. twin burners. or could be a gas flow problem. 

I havent used induction but you have to buy different pots and pans, and also beef up your wiring for it to the switch board. can be costly.

spend the money on good appliances. mums house had budget technica sh*t (10 years ago), all failed within a few years. now ive upgraded her to all bosch. 

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 4y 4m 27d

Hey guys! I've recently moved to Australia (hecking adore spiders, can't help it). My flat is in pretty poor condition, I've already hired guys to remodel the bathroom and kitchen, though still there's a problems with windows. I've found this company bluesky windows (really sorry for the link, not spam), are they good? There are reviews on the internet, but I'd like to hear from you. Or maybe someone can recommend a company? 

Edited by Rab
Spam link removed