New Build - Home Renovations - Gardens - Garages & Sheds.

Pixy Angel

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 6d

Mine hasn't been turning on until about 7am this week... which is a bit of a shame, as I get up at 6. Ah well, still well and truly paying for itself.

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d

Yeah mine didn't start until 7:40 am yesterday but we keep things pretty low key when it's not working. It was on by 7:25am on 22/3/19 so the days are slowly getting shorter.

The weather has been fairly mild lately and I haven't had to run the aircon, so I'm sending anywhere from 2 to 5 times my usage back to the grid. It's definitely paying for itself many times over.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Interesting. I just hosed a a crap load of dust off the solar panels and the output went from 7.2kW to 7.6kW. I wonder if it was the dust removal or the cooling effect from the water that changed the output?

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

No need, this thread is fine. @JETURBO was asking me about solar just a few days ago in this very thread. @.Stripes. and @bloodycrashboy are also interested in the subject and @rednose was also interested in discussing parts of it.

There are only a couple of people that have issue with me getting a new roof and solar and discussing it here. If they feel that strongly about it then they are free not to click the link to read about it.

Also @k31th loves it ;)

• Like 1

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 6d

@MBAF when you start flying planes again be sure to drop a heap of oil over Puffs place... ill pm you with coordinates :lololol:

in all seriousness I ddI just think it may be beneficial coz it seems to be such a large conversation topic. That way it’s almoat a trackable and relevant subject all put it one place for those who have an interest in it, that was all.