New Build - Home Renovations - Gardens - Garages & Sheds.

Pixy Angel

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

I've got a total of 35, 300W Canadian Solar panels on there. There are 13 on the back and 22 on the north face and verandah. 

This is the back of the house. There is only one panel in the left of the pic.

v7fUnf7.jpg

This the North face. There are 11 panels flat on the verandah.

fNWwdPv.jpg

The inverter, it's a Fronius SYMO 8.2-3-M.

8d1Ma79.jpg

I just noticed that the roofers didn't do part of the flashing there and some of the old wood is hanging off it. I've texted the bloke and he'll get back to me once he's spoken to the contractors. Oh well, ya get that, it won't be the end of the world if I have to get up there and fix it up myself. The solar dudes reckon it is one of the better re-roofs they've seen, so that's something.

• Like 2

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 26d
Well it's all done. Agl will be out next week to install their new meters and it'll be up and running.
We were given a 4 week time frame

The difference with us was we could use ours the day it was installed
(not supposed to according to energy supplier)
Sparkie told us to just keep an eye on the meter to make sure it wasn't accelerating
Instead of de-accelerating (digital meter)

Energy supplier don't like if you have an old analogue type meter because the solar system actually winds the meter backwards
Basically giving you dollar for dollar for your power contribution

Which is what you should get as far as I'm concerned
Power companys rip you blind

The Government rebate that was initially set at 44 cents per KWh was a foolish price
Good on people who get that for their power contribution, but all that did was make the power companys raise their prices for the rest of the population.

Our power company was forced to drop their prices, but they just offset the drop by changing the pricing structure
Now we pay even more than before

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Yeah mine was 10 days, with them coming out after that within 5 days. I rang them up a week before to get it rolling a bit quicker. I can't turn mine on yet for reasons I've already mentioned, otherwise it would already be running, just not benefitting us yet.

I don't really care if I got nothing back from the power company, cos I'll be saving hundreds per month buy not having to buy it from them in the first place.

• Like 1

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 15d

You definitely have the advantage that you're home during the day - so you'll get a very real and noticeable benefit from solar in that sense. I just wish battery storage would drop in price and be worthwhile!

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Righto lady and djentlemen, the solar is almost shut off for today and is making a whopping 1 watt. I'll wait for the daily stuff to update then post a pic of the generation. It was partially cloudy today so not the optimal result but a good nonetheless.

How much did it make??? Best guess gets a high 5.

Edited by Puffwagon
Lol it just shut off...
  • Like 1