New Build - Home Renovations - Gardens - Garages & Sheds.

Pixy Angel

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m

Figured I'd better post here, cos always posting in the ot thread is a bit lazy. 

The roof is nearly complete. There is just some flashing and minor gutter work that needs to be done, which the guys will do in the morning. I had to replace a bunch of fascia boards, so the wife and I knocked that out over the weekend. Sunburn galore!

We had insulation installed under the roof sheets and I also re-insulated part of the roof, of a bedroom, that was in very poor condition.

It'll be interesting to see how much difference it makes over the weekend, as we are in for mid to high 30's again. 

The solar is being installed tomorrow, and should be online by this time next week. It's  a 10.5kw system with a Fronius 8.2kw inverter. I'm definitely looking forward to some lower power bills!

Agl is installing the new meter/s next week and then I'll have some piece and quiet around here...except for the kids lol. 

Happy dayz :)

• Like 3

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 27d
7 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

The solar is being installed tomorrow

awesome stuff

free aircon  weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Like 1

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 16d

Yeah, definitely jealous of this size of his system (da-hur-hur). My 5kW system with 6.6kW worth of panels BARELY covers my ducted aircon with full sun if it's hot. I imagine his system cost a whole bunch more than mine did though. That and I think rebates work differently with larger systems?

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Well it's all done. Agl will be out next week to install their new meters and it'll be up and running. 

There is a slight issue with how SA Power and the local electrician wired up the meters and the main switch, but that'll be easy enough for agl's tech to fix up.

All that means for now, is the inverter has to stay off until the new meters and main switch are wired in correctly. 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I've got three phase power so have arranged for a three phase inverter. 

Keep in mind I have a three phase main switch. 

Instead of splitting one phase to the j tarrif meter and sending three phases to the main switch, they sent one phase to the j tarrif, after using the m tarrif as a junction, and sent two to the main switch. Also, instead of putting the feed into the main switch as red, white and blue they put them in as white, nothing and red. 

While not unsafe or illegal, it isn't how you should wire up a three phase board.

If I ever wanted to install a three phase plug for a lathe or the like, I would have had to call SA Power to come and fix the wiring to their meter and the main switch. 

Thankfully I'll be here when agl comes out so I can explain whats going on. I also have some spare cable to make their job easier. 

Edited by Puffwagon
and the main switch.
  • Like 1

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 27d
Yeah, definitely jealous of this size of his system (da-hur-hur). My 5kW system with 6.6kW worth of panels BARELY covers my ducted aircon with full sun if it's hot.
Our system is similar to yours in size but because we have 4 splits not ducted, we can just turn on one at a time as the solar ramps up in the morning
Though the lounge/kitchen is an 8kva unit and the initial cool down is always over and above the PV's capacity
  • Like 1

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 4d

speaking of solar

I saw works electricity bill the other day, $1200...credit!

so to say the new solar panels are doing their thing. this is a bunnings size warehouse. offices/pcs/  etc. 

not bad. I will remember to grab a photo of the units inside they mounted. 

• Like 3

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

solar is definitely a win haha, obviously heaps of space and a decent amount of buyback for your company.