New Build - Home Renovations - Gardens - Garages & Sheds.

Pixy Angel

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 10d

So I'm currently lining up a few things for the house and am chasing some input and thoughts from others.

Firstly, the blinds situation. I'm thinking roller blinds throughout the house and think I've settled on a colour scheme of light grey paint on the walls throughout the house and a darker charcoal type grey roller blinds, which all seems to tie in nicely with the dark window and door frames.

fnlnzDH.jpg

qwnvXIz.jpg

YSpRZ1W.jpg

Dilemma I'm currently having is in the master bedroom though. This is what I'm currently working with.

6vE2oCa.jpg

So, again, walls will be the grey from the above photos and I'll fark off the broken venetians and green curtains. Behind those green curtains is actually a bay window, which I'm thinking I'll do a box/bench seat with some storage in it to utilise the space. Currently thinking of going the same charcoal roller blinds in here too...but kinda worried there might be a fair chunk of light bleed around the edges of the bay window etc. Problem is that curtains won't work as well if I'm putting in a bench seat later, plus they take up a lot of room and collect bulk dust. I feel the rollers would give a nice clean contemporary look, but curious to know what others think.

Secondly, looking at getting a sparky out to add some power points, change the halogen downlights to LED and some other bits and pieces. Question is, downlights in the master bedroom - yay or nay? I'm looking at putting a ceiling fan in, so it's deciding between a fan/light combo unit, or fan and 4 dimmable downlights. They're great in the kitchen/dining area, just not sure if they're worth it or a bit too much in the bedroom?

Edited by .Stripes.

Yeah, I'm changing all the halogens to LED, Freaky. But the bedrooms and study all have a single oyster light in the middle of the room...so I'm trying to decide if I just replace all those with ceiling fan/light combos...or put dimmable LED downlights and a separate ceiling fan in the master bedroom and study, and light/fan combos in the back bedrooms...

Got reverse cycle ducted throughout whole hose and split system in master bedroom. But nice to be able to get a bit of airflow when it's not overly hot but a bit stuffy without having to run the aircon (cheaper too).

Would you bother with downlights in the master bedroom and study though? Or just the light in the fan?

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 30d

I find sometimes the light on a fan isnt enough. all depends. I have a single pendent type of light in our room at the moment 

the norm is about 4 led downlights per room but can be over kill.