New Build - Home Renovations - Gardens - Garages & Sheds.

Pixy Angel

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 3d

quite common to excavate right up to the fence line, even so close that the fence post concrete footings normally fall and bring down the fence with it lol

Edited by Ford Freak

• Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 1d

I would like 4 zones.

1-master bedroom.

2- media

3-living/kitchen

4-rear bedrooms.

but ill take 3 if the job will be easier for the ac mob.

1-master/media

2-living/kitchen

3-rear bedroom.

do you know someone rednose?

• RNS10S
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 12d

I would like 4 zones.

1-master bedroom.

2- media

3-living/kitchen

4-rear bedrooms.

but ill take 3 if the job will be easier for the ac mob.

1-master/media

2-living/kitchen

3-rear bedroom.

do you know someone rednose?

Used to but unfortunately he has moved overseas.

Zoning is important and your first option is pretty spot on, I would have liked an extra zone for the garage but being a 2 storey home it wouldn't be an easy task.

• Member For: 9y 8m 1d

Thanks mate. We have been trying since the house was approved 4 months ago trying to get everything organised early so there is no rush from me or the AC people.

In our old house we got installed a larger unit and only want a Daikin. We were happy with the last AC mob we used so we rang them first. Keen as mustard but once they saw the plan nothing. Since then we've rang 6 other companies and nothing.

We spoke we one mob said that they will run ducted in the main area aand 2 splits at the front (main bedroom and media, see above post) no thanks I dont want to run 3 units to keep the house cool.

Once everyone gets back from holidays ill start again and this time ill ring Sydney companies.

Again I only want Daikin.

Thanks for your advice and feed back mate we all can benefit from that. Cheers

Your welcome mate :) and yea your zoning is a very important aspect of the install

That is if you want to zone yea the company may be suggesting

Multiple units as running ducted in some parts of the house may be difficult but there's usually ways around it. Daikin is great as a brand but it's main competition is Fujitsu and they are also great units and are usually abit cheaper then the daikin can't go wrong with either my home uses Fujitsu and my parents Daikin both work excellently. I don't want to get to into it or start any debates lol but when it comes to ac bigger is always better only up to a certain point to big also becomes inefficient in its own way but that's another story. Goodluck with your build :)

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 5m 6d

Just wondering since it's my first time building. Is picking the actual AC model something that is usually done at colour selection/gallery? My sketch quote just indicates "Braemar Evaporative Cooling to 7 outlets". Is Braemar any good? I'm hoping we can still choose out of a Braemar catalogue at the very least.