Went To Replace My Alternator Today

Bigg_kayz

• Member For: 9y 7m 4d

Hey guys, sorry its been a while. I have been really busy, my battery light has been flickering lately. I know its a bad alternator due to a leaky high pressure steering pipe o-ring. Im about to change the pipe and I went to go get a new alternator sorted out for when the pipe is fitted.

My problem is that the part number on on it (3r23-10300-ba) says its for a 2 pin BA alternator , but my alternator is a 3 pin . .... I did some research to find that everywhere says that part number is a ba 2 pin alternator that is 12volt and 110 amp.

The only 3 pins are the BF alternators , but they are 130 amps and 12 volts. and a totally different part number. The guy at the autospark shop was confused as I was . My car is a may or june 2005 xr6t ute. im assuming I should get a bf 3 pin as I cant change the wiring loom for the alternator as I know the third pin is read/controlled by the computer, im just hoping the brackets line up . im still a little confused why I would have a bf alternator (being 3 pin) but with a BA part number and only 110 amp instead of the bf 130amp???

Is this possibly some crossover error from the BAmkii to the BF?

• Member For: 15y 9m 3d

The Ford part number for a BF alternator is BAF210300AA. There will also be a sticker on it with the number A003TJ1691.

You can get a secondhand one for around $100 easily enough, maybe less. Don’t forget that the Territory also uses the same alternator.

Go through Gumtree and find one off a private wreck. Much, much cheaper than paying $300-400 for a new one.

Edit: Ah, you’re in Perth. I’ve sent you a phone number for a guy that wrecks Falcons from home. He might have an alternator. I bought one from his a while ago for $60.

Pretty much what ralph said, thanks for the recommendation though... I've found a place in malaga that does straight exchanges with old units for complete refurbished units. $180 and I give them the old unit . not too bad the ford one is $395 AND AFTERMARKET IS $365. much rather go a factory refurbished for $180, ive seen the units. theyre like brand new. pretty happy about upgrading from 110amp to 130 amp as a straight bolt on. Im running a pretty big stereo and a few other things and you can see the vast draw on my voltage meter.

if it were a BA 2 pin would of only been $100 and the exchange.

I will probably look into upgrading my power cable to the battery etc while im at it as the cable used for the relocation to the tray im not entirely happy with

• Member For: 15y 9m 3d

I've found a place in malaga that does straight exchanges with old units for complete refurbished units. $180 and I give them the old unit.

That's a good option. What are the details for the place that does the refurb ones?

Solution Auto Electrics, Air Conditioning & Car Servicing.

PICK UP FROM 9/200 CAMBOON ROAD, MALAGA. corner of TRUGANINA Rd, MALAGA

*** IF USING GPS SEARCH FOR INTERSECTION OF CAMBOON RD & TRUGANINA RD***

MOB : O416067803 MOB: O416067803 MOB: O416067803

gumtree ad link

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/malaga/other-parts-accessories/high-quality-reconditioned-alternators-starters-from/1091880889