Ba Xr6 Supporting Mods

• Member For: 8y 10m 2d
Hi all,

I currently have an 03 Ba XR6 5sp manual sedan and have plans on doing a turbo motor swap once I am halfway through my green P's (about 2 years a long time I know), I know the troubles of this but I would like to do something unique and as a project for me and my friends. In the meantime I would like to do 'supporting' mods over time. I am planning on getting a cat back exhaust done sometime next week only because she's a bit too quite right now :P . I have been looking at various other mods such as installing an LSD, sway bars, coilovers, fatter tires etc.

Since I have never done anything like this before I didn't want to risk making any mistakes in the purchase of parts hence why I am posting here.

LSD:

I would like to know if I can fit an lsd unit from a BA XR6T? (obviously manual or will an auto fit as well?)...

Suspension mods:

For the suspension mods I wanted to push the coilovers a bit as I do not want to splurge out 2 grand for them at this moment. In terms of swaybars I have found some from whiteline: http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_detail4.php?part_number=BFK001&sq=4188

Supercheap auto also sells these however this kit seems to have everything I need (I'm not too sure what half of it is).

I have also been told that doing the control arms (front and rear) would also help with handling of the car but no clue what I should get.

Stores:

I have no problem driving a bit to get the right parts. There are some wreckers around me if I need to go and find a wrecked car. Also if you know of any suspension workshops or stores that would do a good install of the parts I listed above for a reasonable price please let me know. As for online shopping I have no problem as long as the site doesn't look sketchy.

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 9m 2d

Supporting mods in my opinion would be brakes, gearbox, tail shaft etc.

As for the lsd the na ones are different to the Turbo so it would be cheaper to swap the entire cradle assembly so you have the turbo axles etc.

Sway bars are much of a muchness. White line seem good. Have heard cases of squeaking but usually an install problem.

As for shops. If you are looking for one to install sway bars and not doing it yourself maybe you need to rethink taking on turbo conversation as labour would be massive for swapping out a engine and gearbox plus all the wiring, turbo accessories and tuning etc