Making The Cut

Timfg

• Member For: 8y 6m 18d

Your completely right about the atomic engine package but that will also take the joy out of it being my first build...

As for the conrods, pistons and modified oil pump can anyone recommend a product that would go well with the rest of my inventory? Even if not needed at the moment it would be good to get them in now for future mods...

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 4m 17d

You will be pissed to hear, but TuffCarParts had 15% off that rebuild kit.... sale ended yesterday.

Edit- only $100off

Edited by bamk2f6tornado

• Member For: 10y 5m

Mate in all seriousness there has been some solid advice already..if your chasing 500+ reliable killer wasps I hope your pockets are deep... much, much more than what's on your parts list will be required. Your going to need gearbox and tailshaft done minimum, id be doing twin diff bush mod and drive shafts at that level for peice of mind.. Fuel system, the id1000's probably wont have much left in them at that level but im not exactly sure on that, BRAKES ffs, why would you want a 500kw barge with no brakes... suspension and tyres are important 2 or it will be useless.

Or you can not do any of that and just be constantly fixing the thing as it breaks sh*t.

Edited by barnz

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 6m 25d

Or you can not do any of that and just be constantly fixing the thing as it breaks sh*t.

If the brakes pull him up the first time he steps on it before hitting someone..... That's if the lack of traction from tyres don't send him into a tree.

In all honesty mate what people are saying is very true. Do it right the first time if you are set on that. Or, go a little lower, see if you are happy with the power (most people are). Generally most people wont suggest going over 400rwkw with these gearboxes without strengthening them. I'd stick to around that mark, otherwise yeah, gearbox, tailshaft, more fuel mods etc. Suspension and brakes make a huge difference with these. And obviously these cars aren't worth modding without tyres to at least help with some of the traction. At 375rwkw with reasonable tyres I used to slide every which way all through first, and through most of second.

• Like 1