Making The Cut

Timfg

• Member For: 8y 6m 17d

This is all information I wanted to hear that's why I asked the people in the game. Ill take your advice and aim for 400-450 and take it from there. The mods will be installed sometime between now and feb. Ill keep yous posted. Thank you to everyone for being so helpful! ☺

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 6m 23d

Most welcome mate, a lot of people who are new to this and have a good idea about cars tend to do it the wrong way. These cars are a little more complex when wanting big power than most people realise. The best thing is, at 400rwkw, if you decide you want 450-500, you wont be changing anything new, so wont really be doubling up on any mods. At worst maybe getting to the end of the ID1000 capabilities but you shouldn't have any double ups, so you can always carry on modding further without fearing you are wasting money. Best of luck with it mate, sounds like it'll be a great car. You are sure to enjoy it :)

My personal opinion is suspension on these make a HUGE difference. They are a boat, but with some mods they feel so much more nimble. They are no porsche, but they improve drastically with a few small suspension mods.

• RNS10S
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 2d

If you want a pure street car I would stick with the standard fg turbo.

1000cc ID's

PW stg 1 cooler kit

4" dump pipe and high flow cat

Fuel setup to support the power (speak to your tuner)

e85 or eflex tune

ZF tune

Sticky r comp tyres (R888's would be my preference)

Should make around 350ish and will be almost untouchable on the street.

No wheelspin, no lag and a very enjoyable car to drive.

• Like 2

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 26d

If you want a pure street car i would stick with the standard fg turbo.

1000cc ID's

Nizzer Kit

4" dump pipe/high flow cat/SMB Exhaust

Fuel setup to support the power

e85 or eflex tune

ZF tune

Sticky tyres (RE003's work way better than they have any right too)

Should make around 350ish and will be almost untouchable on the street.

No wheelspin, no lag and a very enjoyable car to drive.

Sounds like we have a similar opinion of a quick street car there Rednose.

• Like 1

• RNS10S
  • Donating Members

Haha,

I agree the Nizzy kit is way better but if I go through this again I'm not cutting the car up.

RE003's you reckon, may have to give em a try.

Have you tried the r888's Luke?

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members

No haven't tried the R888's yet. I threw a set of Re003's on when I went back to a 245/40/18 as I mentioned above far gripper than they deserve to be for the price (on sale they where $230ea) and when the do break traction they don't disappear into wheel spin just leave faint lines on the road.

Re the nizzer kit and cutting. I have the big big cooler and modified the lower rad support to fit it. Once I did that I only needed to trim 2 to 3mm off two small sections of the front bar. To be fair if I wasn't so picky the 2odd mm of clearance it had before trimming would probably have been fine as it's tied in pretty tight.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 24d

I threw a set of Re003's on when I went back to a 245/40/18 as I mentioned above far gripper than they deserve to be for the price (on sale they where $230ea)

Kicking myself for not trying these! They were only $50 odd bucks more than the gay Conti MC5 tyres. Oh well...always next time (if 245s are good, then 275s will be great).

• RNS10S
  • Donating Members

Re the nizzer kit and cutting. I have the big big cooler and modified the lower rad support to fit it. Once I did that I only needed to trim 2 to 3mm off two small sections of the front bar. To be fair if I wasn't so picky the 2odd mm of clearance it had before trimming would probably have been fine as it's tied in pretty tight.

In your opinion how beneficial will a Big Niz be over a PW 1 at 350rwkw on ethanol Luke?

Edited by rednose

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members

The big Nizzer is quite a step up Size wise from the PW1 but to be honest if your not having issues with the cooler at your power lever especially on E85 (which helps as Im sure you know)

inb4johhnytigfanbois

• Like 1