Snowy Cruise 2015 (Fri 27 Nov - Sun 29 Nov)

EvilDaifu

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 29d

Awesome weekend guys - you sure know how to bring out the weather and the roads.

Some footage with the convoy.

Excellent work - I should have the footage of the reverse (looking back at your beast) :)

• Like 1

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 8m 18d

Well, thanks everyone who attended - it's you that make the cruise (and the roads and weather) :thumbsup:

Good to catch up with tab (who made the effort from sunny QLD), Rab, Pookey, Wilko (and his misses), HER and k31th again. Glad Kokentoe cud make it for the part of the main day (including the Sat BBQ). Thanks for tabmeister for bringing up the rear again - making sure nobody get's left behind. And of course Rab, Pookey, Wilko and HER all took turns keeping the pace up as we 2nd and 3rd geared into sweeping turns and engaging twisties (and I even dropped down to 1st gear in my BA more than a few times to stay within range).

Wasn't without car challenges - Rab blew off a turbo hose (had a 40-61mm replacement hose clamp on hand), then his lappy inverter took out a fuse and Wilko looked for a moment like he'd have to drive half the cruise with his drivers side window permanently down :nono: My new dba4000 T3 slotted coupled with Akebono Perfomance pads ummm got a good bedding in :roflmbo: Didn't have to pump the brakes pretendng I was ABS this year - could leave my foot planted down when I need to :thumbsup:

Was another GoPro effort - I have 192GB fark knows how many hours of footage that is from this cruise on my HDD already and I still have not downloaded Rab's and my SD cards from today!!! Thanks for the pics and vids so far guys - :spoton: I hope to have some pics and footage up as well later on.

All up for me - was 1485km round trip and 18 1/2 actual hours in the saddle :drivingalong:

Thinking of doin a Tassie cruise early May next year as the next extended cruise. And of course - if there is enough interest we'll do the Snowy Cruise again :beerchug:

• Like 6

• Banned
  • Member For: 8y 10m 6d

Excellent work - I should have the footage of the reverse (looking back at your beast) :)

Cheers, I just wish I had mounted the camera inside the car with the windows up. I'll know to do that for next time though. Also lost some quality cutting that footage and saving it as avi then uploading to youtube, but what can you do. Keen to see how yours turned out.

Edited by kokentoe

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 15d

Thanks all for another memorable Snowies cruise. Met some new faces and saw some old friends again.

Some highlights:

* seeing wild emus (live ones) on the side of the road)

* seniors large print menus and loan magnifying glasses on the tables at the Oriental in Tumut

* Dinner on Saturday night

* THE ROADS!!! I had forgotten how good those roads are!!! 1458 km's of fun! :3gears:

Thanks Gary for everything you do organising this. It can't be easy and at times, it's definitely like herding cats...hahaha!

Speaking of cats...I got summarily told off when I got home...

post-44911-0-20439700-1448794869_thumb.j

Edited by HER-XRT
  • Like 2

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
Keen to see how yours turned out.

PM'd you a link to the vid (bloody 2gb/4 hours upload to youtube lol - took a while) - it's just raw footage, needs some music

I think the front view cam gives a heap better idea of speed/acceleration than the rear view. I did change my GoPro's to medium (rear) and narrow (front) FOV instead of wide for the last days drive, so will be interesting to see if that makes a better view. (Evil has got my cards atm to download and play with the footage - he's the pro ;) )

Edited by Rab
  • Like 1

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team

Too early for a Tassie Cruise thread to be started? ;)

THINGS TO DO

Autumn is a great time of year to go on a road trip around Tasmania, the colours in the trees are amazing and it's one of our favourite times of year for photography trips. The East Coast is a great spot as well to visit in Autumn as you don't encounter the crowds in places like Wine Glass Bay and the Bay of Fires that you get over summer.

Edited by Rab
  • Like 3