Bf Xr6 Icc & Instrument Cluster Problem!

evarikos

• Member For: 9y 1m 17d
Hi guys,

I have a BF XR6T. The ICC and Instrument cluster were working fine, then all of a sudden stopped working. I am able to turn the car on and drive it but no a/c, music etc, as well as no revs, no speedo, all warning lights pop on dash.

Any ideas on what might be wrong?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Member For: 8y 2m 17d

Mine plays up in my BA2 all the time, screen goes off and the hvac stops working. Pull the icc out and put it back in and it's fine for upto 6 months....very frustrating. Has a dry joint in the electrics somewhere but as yet I haven't found out where. Just one of them things I think, I'm going to,try some dielectric grease on the big plug into the dash and also on each end of the cable from the screen to the stereo itself. 

• 9 months later...

Yes, you have to otherwise the ICC won't fit properly or even worse you end up breaking the plug. I've tried dielectric grease since my last post but it hasn't worked, however I did read somewhere that a bad earth will also do what mine is doing, so I'm going to put a seperate earth to the icc and see if that helps. If not, I wil then try connecting the earth in the plug for the satnav on my ICC to ground and see if that helps. I've even read somewhere that it could also be my alternator causing the problem as can Use systems require precise voltage and given my alternators done about 2.5million hours I would imagine the power supply from it is less than smooth. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 7y 4m 23d

Make sure your key is fully returning to the ON position after you crank it. Seen on numerous worn ignition switches where they dont return fully & your car still thinks you're  in the 'crank' position however its returned just enough to disengauge the starter.

• Like 2

Hmm interesting-I haven't heard of that before! I do know with mine I can smack the dash and the ICC screen comes back on and/or Starts responding again. I'm getting close to sending it to ASL Automedia to sort the damn thing out once and for all-the CD player needs attention anyway (cds skip if I play them) I just been using my iPod in her for years so never worried about the CD player. Would be awesome to have it upgraded to Bluetooth and a USB added (if possible) but it's all money.

• Member For: 7y 4m 23d

Yeah my CD player doesn't work at all. Who bothers with CD's these days haha. Would be nice to have it repaired but I'd rather spend $1000 on something else.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...