Desperately Need Help - New Built Engine With Strange Sound.

HI PSI

• Member For: 17y 10m 4d

Take the weight off the RH engine mount with an Engine crane and see if the noise changes. Doesn't sound internal to me. As Double R Ron mentioned I think it sounds like resonance being transferred into the chassic

I will pass this on. Believe me when I say that he will try almost anything.......

He indicated that it seems to be coming from around the front of the rocker cover.... It is strange that it moves up the rev range when extra tension is placed on the timing chain though....

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 5d

Does it have solid/poly engine mounts? They send noises in all sorts of weird places. The only other noise that springs to mind that sounds similar is an Unhappy pump, but since you have tried it without the belt it rules out the PS and Water pump......what mods have been done to the Oil pump?

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 6d

Yes it is.

Yeah thought so can understand why he would be pulling his hair out mate.. Seen the motor a few months back while I was getting oil for mine. Really hope he can get it sorted ASAP and with no warranty I don't blame him being paranoid about it.

• Like 1

Does it have solid/poly engine mounts? They send noises in all sorts of weird places. The only other noise that springs to mind that sounds similar is an Unhappy pump, but since you have tried it without the belt it rules out the PS and Water pump......what mods have been done to the Oil pump?

Does it have solid/poly engine mounts? They send noises in all sorts of weird places.

I don't know which mounts he is using, I will enquire tomorrow and post the results.

what mods have been done to the Oil pump?

It's dry sumped. from memory it is a Peterson.

Edited by HI PSI

Check for hoses from the oil pump touching something else. The videos sound's not the best but it sounds like a hydraulic (ie oil pump) buzz to me.

Great lateral thinking.... Just what we need.

Auto or manual

We had a similar noise with our Nizpro engine in exactly the same rev range. There seems to be a resonance at that RPM that amplify noises. For us it ended up being exhaust related , but took ages to diagnoses as it definitely appeared to be coming from the engine. SO this noise may NOT be actually coming from the engine. Noise travels strangely through different components and metals.

Very hard to diagnose from the short video.

Sorry, I missed your post. Great input!! Thanks....

Hey brad tried to send you a pm on here but would not let me send it. Sent you a message on Facebook bud

I think that my inbox was full. I have now made room. :D

It has factory engine mounts.