Desperately Need Help - New Built Engine With Strange Sound.

HI PSI

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 21d

Im not sayin im 100% sure on what it could be but if it is a certain builder and it was done a little while ago I wouldnt be surprised if it has a cheap nason timing set in it which is guides, tensioner and chain which you can pick up for 140 bucks. A couple chains have failed and tensioners. I would find out asap whats been fitted as they were fitting these timing kits to 10k long motors.

• Like 1

• Member For: 17y 10m 3d

Im not sayin im 100% sure on what it could be but if it is a certain builder and it was done a little while ago I wouldnt be surprised if it has a cheap nason timing set in it which is guides, tensioner and chain which you can pick up for 140 bucks. A couple chains have failed and tensioners. I would find out asap whats been fitted as they were fitting these timing kits to 10k long motors.

New chain, guides, tensioner and lash absorber have been replaced since... Only quality units have been used.

Edited by HI PSI

• Donating Members

Yeah I read that but was wondering if they've been replaced it with atomic chain, tensioner and genuine guides or another sh*t nason timing kit which includes guides, chain and tensioner which have been known to fail.

• Member For: 17y 10m 3d

Yeah I read that but was wondering if they've been replaced it with atomic chain, tensioner and genuine guides or another sh*t nason timing kit which includes guides, chain and tensioner which have been known to fail.

No problem. Nice to know about the Nason chains though.... I'm sure that others will now be wary also :ok:

Edited by HI PSI

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 6d

Tony does not use nason any more so why would he replace it with another nason kit. Think him and palo learnt a lesson after his tensioner failed then when the chain snapped..

• Like 1

• Donating Members

Hence why I mentioned eariler, if it was rebuilt a little while back it could have nason gear in it. If it was a few weeks ago then happy days it wont have naso.n gear in it. And I never mentioned any names nor did the poster.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 6d

Not hard to work out who you are talking about mate.. Is this spiros old car HI PSI??

Edited by CHLAXN

• Donating Members

Yeah well you can assume that. Im not havin a go but just informing ol mate of nason crap. I know he no longer uses it due to previous faults. We dont know the previous build times of this motor and whats been used hence my comment.

Edited by matt036

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 5d

Take the weight off the RH engine mount with an Engine crane and see if the noise changes. Doesn't sound internal to me. As Double R Ron mentioned I think it sounds like resonance being transferred into the chassic