Revs Drop According To Speed When Clutch Is Pushed In

Bigg_kayz

• Member For: 9y 7m 3d

BA mkii xr6t ute 500rwhp - heavy duty twin plate clutch

After my recent retune ive noticed that when I push in my clutch the revs dont drop to idle point... the only time I reach idle revs is at a stand still.

say if im cruising at 80km/h and put into neutral or keep the clutch depressed the revs will drop with the speed ,, why would this be? Its even worse on cold start and im finding when cold the revs jump around a fair bit , some times ill even get a stall if I try take off after first cold start in the mornings, never had this issue with other xr6ts or tunes??

• Member For: 13y 7m 14d

I had a similar problem, would idle at around 1600 rpm then drop to normal when car fully stopped. Also had a rough idle on cold starts. Turned out to be a leaking intake manifold gasket. I Replaced it then found a new tuner as mine left the shop like that! Thanks to c&v...

• 2 weeks later...

so I should be taking off the intake plenum and checking that out possibly? seems to be a similar issue with mine

Edited by Bigg_kayz

• Member For: 13y 7m 14d

Sorry for the late reply. Mine leaked where the intake manifold bolts to the motor coz the gasket was stuffed. U can check for leaks by VERY CAREFULLY spraying some throttle body cleaner or wd40 around the manifold, if there's a leak there will be a slight drop in revs. I'm no mechanic so there might be a safer way of checking for leaks. Maybe the manifold bolts need to be re tourqed. Good luck keep us posted

• 1 month later...

sorry for the late response, but it looks like chris is right, had it in yesterday at the mechanics and it was mentioned that theres in intake manifold leak... will be re-booking to get it rectified in a couple of weeks. sometimes if I start my car on cold start itll start run for 10-15 seconds then die till I kick it over again. It seems to be the same gasket as you described as the nizpro plenum side of things is sealed.