Diy Tuning

Ralph Wiggum

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 5d

Gents,

Lets make this thread productive and keep it on topic.

Please discuss you tuning endeavors and equipment/techniques used, also anybody interested in tuning their own car this is the place to ask.

This thread is for DIY tuners, Forum Advertisers are welcome to offer there assistance if they wish to do so.

KGO!

• Like 3

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 7d

Ok lets start off with a list of H/W needed and price (if you have it).

- VCM suite + 2 credits

- Data logger (xcal2) $200

- Knockbox $295 5qty min

anything else? ratter don't say dyno lol

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 7d

Just wondering if you could screw the wideband injust after the cat, would this be better than sticking into the tailpipe?

Also could someone please list the common terminology and what it means an why it's important.

AFR

Lambda

Injector scaling

Injector duty cycle

Timing advance/retard

Intake temp

Detonation

Waste gate duty cycle

MAP

Load

Etc...etc (keep going)

Edited by Paulie2256

• Member For: 20y 11m 27d

I am surprised that no one has done a tuning guide for VCM suite. I have seen guides for GM vehicles but no one so far has done a step by step guide for the tables to look at and adjust in VCM.

The best place to put a wideband is on the turbo dump. Best just to weld in an extra bung. Using the tailpipe is not the best way as it does take time for the exhaust to get to the rear and it does not give a good reading at idle. If you datalog the data does not closely match RPM/Load when it is in the tailpipe. Tuners who use still use the tailpipe should be shot.

Innovate have good wideband sensors and logging software.

If you are a novice just forget the timing advance maps. If using stock maps any knock detection is not needed.

You might need a SCT handheld tuner to datalog the Wideband along side RPM and MAP. It will give the best chance of knowing where you are in the tune. But I reckon you could get an inovate to get valid datalogging data also.

I want to get rid of the Nizpro injectors in my car which was tuned with a SCT so I need to start getting familiar with the VCM software. I have alot of tuning experience so I can help there (that's easy) but I need help with the VCM software.