Diy Tuning

Ralph Wiggum

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 24d
What pump do you have? If you have as walbro 460 or bigger and dont change the return line or regulator return you will get high pressure at idle.   Check my post here Andrew, this will tell you immediately where your slope is wrong. In my case the car had slopes from the wrong injector inputted. I will finish the post soon showing how to fix it.

https://forum.pcmtec.com/topic/42-howto-injector-scaling-basics/?tab=comments#comment-2627

Just read this and have had [mention=51888]Grego.77[/mention] dealing with this issue the last few days AGAIN (Aeroforce) with a split surge tank on his turbo territory. Over 550awkw now twin 044's out of fuel etc ended up being the bloody plastic check valve in the end of the return line at the tank causing the pressure issues as he'd previously drilled out the return on the bottom of the swirl pot. I didn't even know they had one so it's gone now and -6 or -10 lines replace it all... Sadly he is still going to sell it even though I'm trying to convince him otherwise as he's just totally resprayed and replaced most of the drivetrain! Looks amazing now. Welded transfer also for fun lol....CMS are tuning it still I believe for those interested.

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 10y 7m 1d

Hi Folks,   Does anyone have a premium 98 tuned base timing table for a BA XR6T?  I'm just looking at setting up a reasonable tune until I can swap the clutch as my xtreme 1400kg clutch slips when I plant it.    I have a new Mantic 9000 here but I'm not going to be able to put that in for a while.   I don't want to copy someone elses tables verbatim, I just want to get an idea of what advance people are running at what boost levels so I can setup a baseline.    (the base tune for the haltech seem to be just enough to get it running and no more and is super rich and retarted (timing I mean))

cheers

Frank 

• Member For: 9y 9m 20d

Look the stock factory timing table in the stock PCM. You'll need to convert the loads though as the factory computer will calculate a different load than the haltech.

Remember to add all the timing scalars on top.

Edited by rollex