Diy Tuning

Ralph Wiggum

• Member For: 9y 9m 20d
1 hour ago, El Andrew said:

BTW setting the number of O2 sesnors to zero didn't work  - car would crank but not start

Do not do that. Ford call it number of O2 sensors, but it is actually number of "banks". If you set it to 2 it will make the PCM think the car is a v8 and you'll screw up the firing order. Not sure what 0 would do!

Edited by rollex

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 6d

It cranked but didn't start. Interestingly when you released from the start position it kept cranking! Turning back to accessories stopped it turning over.

Was in a multi level car park so was somewhat relieved when I reflashed and it started again!

• Like 1

• Gold Donating Members

Well that was interesting. Have the car set to command 0.95 lambda everywhere (and took the boost out of the tune). Car holds 0.95 on throttle, but idles steadily at 0.85.

Makes me wonder if my low slope is off, but I'm using F6 injectors with factory data. Plus I had the issue on the factory injectors. I did have fuel pressure tested but now I feel like I want to get a gauge and see it for myself!

Idle was very smooth and no more stalling, but need to give it a few more drives to be sure. I think I've learner something about the issue, just not quite sure what to do with it yet!

• Member For: 9y 9m 20d

What pump do you have? If you have as walbro 460 or bigger and dont change the return line or regulator return you will get high pressure at idle.

Check my post here Andrew, this will tell you immediately where your slope is wrong. In my case the car had slopes from the wrong injector inputted. I will finish the post soon showing how to fix it.

https://forum.pcmtec.com/topic/42-howto-injector-scaling-basics/?tab=comments#comment-2627

• Gold Donating Members

Added about 6 lb/hr to the low slope and now idle commanded AFR and measured AFR line up. No stalling.

I'll turn closed loop back on and see if it behaves itself.

Super strange though that both the XR6 injectors and F6 injectors seemed to be out. On two different factory regs. On two different fuel pumps.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Member For: 10y 5m 27d

Howdy gang after some help I'm looking for bf factory wiring diagrams. I already have ba diagrams but from what I can find the pedal wiring doesnt quite match up and I think this is the cause of my throttle issues on my conversion. If anyone has a copy can you please hit me up via pm 👍

Im also looking for advice on what I need to change tune wise to disable the vct as im running the ecu on a SOHC any advice would be appreciated.

• Member For: 8y 5m 20d

Send me a pm with your email address and I might be able to get you the wiring diagram tomorrow.

As for the vct, I'm pretty sure there is a setting to disable vct in hp tuners, but I don't have my tablet with me so I'll check later.