Diy Tuning

Ralph Wiggum

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 27d
1 hour ago, gaz097 said:

Comes on at 20, tapers to 24 in the top end.

The only one I know off that can do that is the eboost 2, as can demand duty cycle per rpm.

I assume the factory can as well?

Yes the factory ecu can request different boost from the start of a sweep to the limiter 

Aftermarket EBC’s actually don’t work correctly unless connected to a tach driver 

Arron is being a flog again because he can’t comprehend a G2 GTX 82 is a 66mm turbo with a 0.7 comp cover despite the fact anyone would assume by now he could actually understand and recognise what is available for the XR6T platform and thus realise his one off fully custom built Nizpoo unicorn is unlike any other turbo falcon and can never be compared in a fair way ....... jusss saynnnnnn  

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 25d
yeh,  my boost is in at 2800rpm. Why is yours so LAZY....

qE5PIC5.jpg

Because apparently the best tuner in the west only knows how to set 100% WG duty cycle and cant tune closed loop.

Using exhaust restrictions and fuel system limits doesnt constitute boost control.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Member For: 9y 9m 20d
22 hours ago, gaz097 said:

Comes on at 20, tapers to 24 in the top end.

The only one I know off that can do that is the eboost 2, as can demand duty cycle per rpm.

I assume the factory can as well?

Of course it can. Factory boost control sh*ts all over anything aftermarket in so many ways it isn't funny. I have no idea why people continue to spend money to go backwards, well actually I do but it doesn't stop it being frustrating.

Factory has a 2D table of duty cycle vs rpm vs intake temp.

Boost by gear.

Underboost threshold eg 100% duty before you've reached your commanded boost pressure which means it will spool faster.

Overboost threshold to protect against overboost.

Proper PID closed loop boost control which means you can hit the same boost pressure in 0c or 45c ambient no problem.

The factory PCM even models how the heat soak causes the actuator rod to expand and change the preload, it then accounts for this.

Eboost is a dinosaur compared to it.

17 hours ago, M6 XR6T said:

Because apparently the best tuner in the west only knows how to set 100% WG duty cycle and cant tune closed loop.

Using exhaust restrictions and fuel system limits doesnt constitute boost control.

Well in fairness running an inlet bypass to control boost it does produce a good result with almost zero effort if its a race car.

• Like 1

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 8d
Of course it can. Factory boost control sh*ts all over anything aftermarket in so many ways it isn't funny. I have no idea why people continue to spend money to go backwards, well actually I do but it doesn't stop it being frustrating.

Factory has a 2D table of duty cycle vs rpm vs intake temp.
Boost by gear.
Underboost threshold eg 100% duty before you've reached your commanded boost pressure which means it will spool faster.
Overboost threshold to protect against overboost.
Proper PID closed loop boost control which means you can hit the same boost pressure in 0c or 45c ambient no problem.
The factory PCM even models how the heat soak causes the actuator rod to expand and change the preload, it then accounts for this.

Eboost is a dinosaur compared to it.
Boost per gear even in a manual??

I've seen the fancy launch control boost thing when the clutch switch was activated, Mick posted the other day.

• Member For: 9y 9m 20d

Yes it is not the 1990s. The PCM can accurately determine which gear is active based on the output shaft speed, clutch position, known gear ratios and vehicle speed. Even the BA has all the information required to do it, it just isn't set up.

Edited by rollex